This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Apr 24, 16:14 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

New "UsageCounters" API
Posted: 12 Apr 24, 20:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've searched the API for 'UsageCounters' and can't find any entry. Where is it?

For any new API it would be helpful for a link to the appropriate page to be included in beta version notes.
davidekholm

Re: New "UsageCounters" API
Posted: 13 Apr 24, 14:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I'll update the javadocs soon. This API is mainly for internal use. You can open the system console and issue UsageCounters.print() to list all counters. UsageCounters.increase("key") will add 1 to an entry and UsageCounters.reset("key") will reset it.
RobM

Posted: 13 Apr 24, 15:06   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Thanks. I was thinking it might be something that, if agreed by users, could be used to provide stats on feature usage for skin developers. So it’s not something likely to be of use to third party developers.
davidekholm

Posted: 14 Apr 24, 16:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Yes, the purpose why I added it was to regulate if/when to show hints (speech bubbles or notifications) of the use of various functions.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums