This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28 Feb 24, 13:49 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
danpahl

Photoblogger slide buttons visible only in preview mode not on index.html
Posted: 28 Feb 24, 03:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Lia.jap (14.8 KB)
I hope you can help. I have 2 questions:

I am using Photoblogger. I created a page with 86 images. I click ‘Make album’, wait unit it is done and hit ‘Preview’. All 86 show up in preview mode. Also when I click an image to go to slide mode, the slide buttons (left, right, start slide show ‘X’) show up and they work.

Then in the ‘Making album’ box, I click ‘Open folder’. It shows me the page that it just created in the location I specified. But when I click on index.html on that page, it comes up in Firefox with only 20 images AND the slider buttons are not there.

I read in the forum I needed to go to ‘Photobolgger / Advanced / Search Engine Optimizer’ and increase ‘Number of preloaded thumbnails” to above the number of my images. I had to make it 175 to work. I remade the album and all the images showed up on the index.html in Firefox.

Question 1. After clicking on the index.html and bringing it up in Firefox, I click on any of the images. There still are no slide buttons. I hit refresh page and nothing changes. I still have all 86 images on the main page and the slide page a well. I have to hit the back button to get back to the main page. Any ideas?

Question 2. I also noticed that in the ‘Preview mode’, the location in the URL bar in Firefox, is ‘http://127.0.0.1:8080/Lia/index.html’ (the page that totally works).

Where exactly does Jalbum keep the temporary files for preview mode so I can go and hopefully use them to publish my album?

My image directory is ‘C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\AHS TT\Black - Long - LIA\My Albums’.
The output directory is under that in ‘album’ as you would expect.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
JeffTucker

Re: Photoblogger slide buttons visible only in preview mode not on index.html
Posted: 28 Feb 24, 07:36   in response to: danpahl in response to: danpahl

Please read this sticky thread, at the top of the Photoblogger forum section:

https://jalbum.net/forum/ann.jspa?annID=211
JeffTucker

Posted: 28 Feb 24, 13:44   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

(Thread moved to Photoblogger forum section.)
JeffTucker

Posted: 28 Feb 24, 13:48   in response to: danpahl in response to: danpahl

danpahl wrote:
Question 2. I also noticed that in the ‘Preview mode’, the location in the URL bar in Firefox, is ‘http://127.0.0.1:8080/Lia/index.html’ (the page that totally works).

Where exactly does Jalbum keep the temporary files for preview mode so I can go and hopefully use them to publish my album?

jAlbum isn't keeping some secondary collection of the files that constitute the album somewhere. It's simply showing the finished album, using its own, internal "web server." That 127.0.0.1:8080 address is known as "localhost" - in other words, it's your own computer. The preview is showing the files from the output directory, nothing else.

To publish your album, just hit the Upload button. There is no need to go hunting for the files and then manually uploading them. That would work, but it's slower, and more error-prone.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums