This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21 Oct 23, 15:55 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
EddyTorremans

Customize a .htt link to another folder
Posted: 21 Oct 23, 11:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Redirect error.jpg (206.2 KB)
I have been trying to find a solution how to add a link to another folder next at the top navigation .htt pages. Is there such a .htt page which is not too complicated to amend and link to a specific folder please ?
Unless there is another way, it would be a perfect solution to blend into a top navigation menu I think.

Perhaps it's not immediately related to jAlbum, but if I may ask an additional question. I have been trying to redirect a link to a jAlbum folder into my /index.html page. Using PageBreeze html editor the result is that the .htt pages are appearing as a vertical menu and I get this syntax error pop-up. (see attachement). Without the redirect, the horizontal navigation works fine.

Why do I want to redirect from my landing page www.globetrotters.be to www.globetrotters.be/Main Globetrotters/ is because I want a visitor immediately enter the image galleries instead of via the landing page. I am trying to find a way to use the .htt pages as a way to navigate between a few folders if this would be possible.

Thanks for any input
jimberry

Re: Customize a .htt link to another folder
Posted: 21 Oct 23, 12:34   in response to: EddyTorremans in response to: EddyTorremans

I would be inclined to put the links in a single page to be included as an iframe in all your other pages, whether those pages are created by jAlbum or not.
This way, you would only have to regenerate that index once for each new addition or deletion of links, with no need to regenerate other pages when the only change is to the index.
You should be able to make that iframe page "responsibly responsive", perhaps by making it only visible (as an overlay) from a "hamburger" menu button.
If you think that would be an acceptable approach, further suggestions could be made on how to accomplish that aim.
JeffTucker

Posted: 21 Oct 23, 15:13   in response to: EddyTorremans in response to: EddyTorremans
Correct
EddyTorremans wrote:
I have been trying to find a solution how to add a link to another folder next at the top navigation .htt pages. Is there such a .htt page which is not too complicated to amend and link to a specific folder please ?

If you want to add a link to another page to the top navigation bar, you could just do it with a web location. Right-click in an empty area in the Explore view and choose New page > Web location. Enter the absolute URL of the page you want to be able to navigate to, like https://jefftucker.net/, then click Update.

In Tiger, for example, you can tell it to include that web location in the top navigation, rather than having a thumbnail for it. Tiger > Site > Top bar > Include web locations. Then tell it not to show it as a thumbnail. Tiger > Sections > Folders > Hide web locations.
EddyTorremans

Posted: 21 Oct 23, 15:46   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks so much for your intervention Jeff.
It works perfect ! Just what I needed. Also really convenient to explain step by step in a simple way.

Edited by: EddyTorremans on 21 Oct 2023, 15:51
JeffTucker

Posted: 21 Oct 23, 15:55   in response to: EddyTorremans in response to: EddyTorremans

EddyTorremans wrote:
Thanks so much for your intervention Jeff.
It works perfect ! Just what I needed. Also really convenient to explain step by step in a simple way.

You're welcome. It's one of those things that works really, really, well, and once you've done it a couple of times, it comes easily. But the first time.... ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums