This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 15 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 5 Jun 23, 13:26 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
JeffTucker

Posts: 8,000
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: MediaUtil.getDuration() fails in jAlbum 31
Posted: 5 Jun 23, 13:26   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
BTW, the error in Windows that originally sent me down this rabbit hole is one that I can't reproduce. But I note that it occurred following my use of the multi-maker to update a whole raft of skin demo albums. I got another error during that run, in which fairly simple diacriticals in some slide captions, like Marmorè, showed up in the album as garbage characters. Re-making the album in the foreground cured it. And running the multi-maker again, with just that one project, didn't produce the same error again. I also got one "nonsense" error message, involving a missing variable definition in a skin that doesn't use that variable name anywhere, for anything.

In short, there's some evidence that somewhere, there's a buffer overflow, and running a bunch of simultaneous album builds is enough to trigger it. Just something to keep in mind.

And I'm not doing anything illegal, immoral, or fattening, like using multiple project files in a single project directory. ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums