This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21 May 23, 02:02 Last Post By: mattwill Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mattwill

Make Album Incomplete
Posted: 19 May 23, 23:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment error.jpg (190.8 KB)
When making an album, not all panels are created. See the attached file compared to the correct output at this site. Sadly, the live site is broken as JA started uploading the bad version.
JeffTucker

Re: Make Album Incomplete
Posted: 19 May 23, 23:11   in response to: mattwill in response to: mattwill

Make sure you've got all the settings correct:

Then hit Make album again.

ETA: And don't click Upload until you've done a local preview of the album. If it doesn't look right when you preview it, it's not going to magically cure itself by uploading.
mattwill

Posted: 20 May 23, 01:59   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks. I confirmed those settings. Removed and redid them anyway. Same problem. Also turned off upload.

I noticed something else. All the sub pages are created properly and exist. I know this because I can navigate to them but clicking NEXT on my skin from one of the pages that exist. It seems to be only the INDEX page that is broken.

What should I try next?

Edited by: mattwill on 20 May 2023, 02:13
JeffTucker

Posted: 20 May 23, 02:26   in response to: mattwill in response to: mattwill

Just to confirm something.... When you do a local preview, you're not just clicking on the index.html file in the output directory, right? That won't work with a JSON-driven skin like Tiger - you must enable the jAlbum embedded server, and use it for previewing. Make sure you've got the preview options set properly:

But what I'm seeing on your site is a collection of pages that are being shown in antiquated framesets. These are obsolete, and are unsupported in some modern browsers. And even most of the pages appear to have been generated with equally archaic versions of jAlbum and Tiger.

ETA: I finally managed to "bust out" of the framesets on your site, so I could actually look at the pages. The aborted upload has left things in a bit of a mess, but everything should be fine if you simply Make album again, and upload it again. But preview the results before you do, using the embedded server in jAlbum, as I've posted above.

Edited by: JeffTucker on 20 May 2023, 06:37
mattwill

Posted: 21 May 23, 02:02   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Jeff, Thank you! You are a life saver.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums