This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12 May 23, 18:57 Last Post By: phil44 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
phil44

Location editor panel missing
Posted: 12 May 23, 10:04

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

Seen with jAlbum 30.2

I wanted today to edit the location of some images and surprisingly, the panel which should show the map used to locate the image was blank :-( -- see the capture. Note that this has worked before.

In the console, I saw this trace (multiple occurrences) :
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.lynden.gmapsfx.javascript.object.MarkerOptions.position(com.lynden.gmapsfx.javascript.object.LatLong)" because "this.mopts" is null
	at net.jalbum.locationeditor.JGoogleMap.positionMarker(JGoogleMap.java:177)
	at net.jalbum.locationeditor.JGoogleMap.positionMarker(JGoogleMap.java:155)
	at net.jalbum.locationeditor.JLocationPanel.lambda$updateMap$1(JLocationPanel.java:224)
	at javafx.graphics@19/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.graphics@19/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.graphics@19/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
	at javafx.graphics@19/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at javafx.graphics@19/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
RobM

Re: Location editor panel missing
Posted: 12 May 23, 11:22   in response to: phil44 in response to: phil44

To provide more info can you confirm the image still has gps metadata?
Hover over its thumbnail and from the ‘more’ menu select ‘List metadata’.
JeffTucker

Posted: 12 May 23, 12:16   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Attachment ss010835.png (370.0 KB)
I'm getting the standard location panel - screenshot - so there's something else going on here.

Phil, what OS are you using? Are you perhaps running jAlbum over your own installed Java version instead of the bundled version?
RobM

Posted: 12 May 23, 12:25   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
I'm getting the standard location panel - screenshot - so there's something else going on here.
I have seen this once myself, but can’t remember exactly when - I was testing things. I’m sure it was to do with images without gps data, or the gps location data specifically.
davidekholm

Posted: 12 May 23, 14:07   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks for reporting. The other day we became aware of another problem with the map service, but never got a stack trace. This is helpful. Google has likely modified something in their map API.
phil44

Posted: 12 May 23, 15:03   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Strange ! It's working now, without changing anything on my side...

David is probably on the way, maybe a problem at the Google level or in the jAlbum map service??? Anyway, this is clearly not within the jAlbum application.

Rob, this panel is very useful when your images does not have GPS metadata: it allow to manually assign a location to the image and show it on the map :-)
RobM

Posted: 12 May 23, 15:15   in response to: phil44 in response to: phil44

phil44 wrote:
Strange ! It's working now, without changing anything on my side...

David is probably on the way, maybe a problem at the Google level or in the jAlbum map service??? Anyway, this is clearly not within the jAlbum application.

Rob, this panel is very useful when your images does not have GPS metadata: it allow to manually assign a location to the image and show it on the map :-)

Yes, I added this page to the wiki :)
As I said above, I’d seen the effect once but could only remember the image in question had no gps data. It might have been a corrupted file, downloaded for test reasons.
JeffTucker

Posted: 12 May 23, 15:24   in response to: phil44 in response to: phil44

phil44 wrote:
...maybe a problem at the Google level or in the jAlbum map service???

Or just the explanation that I often fall back on: Bad Juju.
phil44

Posted: 12 May 23, 18:57   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

The wiki page is clear and comprehensive :-)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums