This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 4 Jul 22, 19:40 Last Post By: ctwist Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ctwist

Project default settings are not always applied
Posted: 28 Jun 22, 17:13

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In some situations, the new Image Bounds settings "Process folder thumbs" and "Folders" and not always populated. This seems to be caused by the "skinFamily" setting.

I am working with the in-progress version of Mirage (i.e. "Mirage" skin) and an older version (i.e. "Mirage 10.1" skin). These are from the same family. The old skin is unaware of the new settings.

Mirage has these default settings:
processFolderThumbs=true
folderThumbSize=82x54

I create a project that uses Mirage 10.1 in jAlbum 26.2.1. I then open it in jAlbum 28.1.5 and change the skin to Mirage. The two new settings are not populated. This is wrong.

I then remove the skinFamily from Mirage 10.1 and repeat the previous process. The two new settings are populated. This is correct.

It seems that the same skinFamily setting is preventing the settings from being populated with their defaults.
davidekholm

Re: Project default settings are not always applied
Posted: 4 Jul 22, 16:25   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

How are you setting the defaults? I recommend using a SkinModel Java class.
ctwist

Posted: 4 Jul 22, 18:43   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I set defaults for skin variables in SkinModel.java, but the variables that I referred to are core variables, so I set these in hints.jap.

I don't think that core variables can be defaulted in SkinModel.java.
davidekholm

Posted: 4 Jul 22, 18:57   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist

Right, so what you basically want is for core hints to be applied even if skins belongs to the same family, right?
ctwist

Posted: 4 Jul 22, 19:40   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Actually, it is not quite that simple.

I only have 1 skin in the skin family. The older version of the skin is unaware of the new skin setting, so it has not been set. When I switch to the new version of the same skin, jAlbum initialises the skin setting correctly if the skin is not in a skin family, but the setting is not initialised if the skin is in a skin family. This behaviour should not be affected by the presence or absence of a skin family.

I have not considered what should happen to a default setting when switching to a different skin in the same family. If somebody needs this behaviour to be changed, it should be discussed separately as an enhancement request.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums