This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 23 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 8 Jul 22, 13:00 Last Post By: Soomre Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Soomre

Re: Server mode - monitoring image folder gives error
Posted: 5 Jul 22, 08:01   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Click to reply to this thread Reply
When you add images manually and then (re)organise images you are using jAlbum interface - instead of Watch folder just press Make and upload.
Initial idea to use Watch folder is to have automatic Make and upload when you add images from other app (Lightroom for example).
My idea was because I have to add images from other device in the network or even over the mobile.
Soomre

Posted: 5 Jul 22, 08:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Should work fine. I think there is now system which exports one image more than 3 seconds. Or is there?
PeterGibb

Posted: 5 Jul 22, 12:28   in response to: Soomre in response to: Soomre

Thankyou, I didn't realise that.

I have some 'Family's' of albums, sometimes I open them all up, set them to be watched, then most often, import settings from an album

I just notice that the make process seems to remake quite a few times in the background thats all. At every step.

What would be good for me, is if I could work on an album, with the (watched) automatic uploading process only taking place when I close the album and open the next. I often do 12 or 25 albums, I open and modify one, the first, save it, and then import those settings into the other albums in the family. One by one.

I really like not having to go through the upload process manually every time for each album and an automatic one off background make and upload taking place the moment I close an album, would be great...

As, at the time the last album gets closed, the entire set would have been made and uploaded, only once for each album, and all would be finished.

I am a basic user but do like jAlbum and how it has grown over the years.

If I am completely off track and talking rubbish, I do apologise.

Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 5 Jul 22, 14:22   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Sounds clever to me to skip auto-making and auto-uploading the currently open project. I'll make that adjustment for the upcoming release.
PeterGibb

Posted: 5 Jul 22, 14:46   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Good Heaven's !

When you put it like that it makes a lot more sense
than my droning on description.

I look forward to using it.

And thinking about it now, skipping the auto-making and auto-uploading of the currently open project will finally bring this new watch function into line with its bigger brother MultiMaker which is a different tool completely.

Watching an 'individual' album, then automatically making and uploading when the album is closed gives a very very useful bonus and all editing of any sort can be done as normal beforehand.

I shall probably set all my albums to be watched, to make and upload automatically by default when the album is closed as It will save a lot of time, this feature will not infringe on the extra abilities of MultiMaker tool which handles large blocks of albums and just makes and uploads an entire set of selected multiple albums in the background, seamlessly.

Thank You

Peter

Edited by: PeterGibb on 5 Jul 2022, 22:06
PeterGibb

Posted: 5 Jul 22, 19:32   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

One other question if I may...

I hope its not me being lazy, just, when I have several albums in which I have to set up the watch function, it can become a bit of a pain...

When I select an album in my recent projects list and then set it's watch to either 'make' or 'make' and 'upload'. I have to select 'make album' first', at which point the menu disappears and needs reopening again to enable selection of 'upload'.

Would it be possible to have the menu stay open with both options being available, so that if 'make' is selected first I would have to select 'upload' as well, but, if 'upload' is selected first, then 'make' automatically becomes active.

Or

If thats not possible, just, could the little window be made to stay open, so enabling the extra 'upload' option to be selected at the same time...

As it would save a lot of going back and forth reopening the window to include 'upload', specially when many albums are involved...

Peter

Edited by: PeterGibb on 5 Jul 2022, 19:40
davidekholm

Posted: 6 Jul 22, 11:58   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

I'll look into offering either the "Make" or "Make and upload" options. (Having the menu stay open while selecting isn't something I have control over)
PeterGibb

Posted: 6 Jul 22, 12:43   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Fantastic, thanks,

That idea will mean only one visit and match the text of the MultiMaker options, it's much appreciated, I know it's a trivial request, but what a difference it will make

Peter.

Edited by: PeterGibb on 6 Jul 2022, 16:43
Soomre

Posted: 8 Jul 22, 13:00   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

BTW It seems Watch makes all directories not only updated directrories. I got quite a huge gallery ...
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums