Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Jun 22, 12:18 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
mobleslagavarra

Jupiter: Url Canononical
Posted: 14 Jun 22, 10:14
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
How can I do in the Jupiter skin to put the canonical url, I have tried it with java but it does not print in the rel attribute
And the variables that I have found in slides do not give me the current url

Edited by: mobleslagavarra on 14 Jun 2022, 10:16

Edited by: RobM on 14 Jun 2022, 10:09
Added skin to title
RobM

Re: Jupiter: Url Canononical
Posted: 14 Jun 22, 11:13   in response to: mobleslagavarra in response to: mobleslagavarra
You are using jAlbum for commercial purposes and that requires a Pro license, you currently have a Standard license. Please contact helpdesk@jalbum.net to get your license updated.
JeffTucker

Re: Jupiter: Url Canononical
Posted: 14 Jun 22, 12:18   in response to: mobleslagavarra in response to: mobleslagavarra
There are two problems here.

First, when you are building the album, jAlbum and the skin have no idea where you're going to upload it. So, they have no way of determining what the final URL will be.

Second, a canonical URL attribute is normally used to choose the "best" URL for a given page. If there are multiple ways on your site to reach a certain page, resulting in different URL's, how would the skin know which one to use as the "canonical" URL? If it's just the URL of the current slide page, there is no ambiguity, and there is no reason to declare a canonical URL. The search engines will find only one URL - the current one.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums