This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20 May 22, 14:42 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

jAlbum explore thumbnail icons
Posted: 14 May 22, 13:37

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This post brings to mind that an icon or thumbnail overlay that a skin can invoke/generate might be useful. A list of file paths is helpful but maybe a visual marker in explore mode would be more helpful.

So, would a skin icon/overlay make sense to other skin developers. I give a warning about images being too small, currently the file path, but a visual clue would be nice.
JeffTucker

Re: jAlbum explore thumbnail icons
Posted: 14 May 22, 14:27   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I'm not sure how the core would know about skin-specific overlays. In my skins, that information isn't even stored in the .info files. The fact that a thumbnail is going to be given an overlay isn't known until the skin is actually iterating through the files.
RobM

Posted: 14 May 22, 15:07   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
I'm not sure how the core would know about skin-specific overlays. In my skins, that information isn't even stored in the .info files. The fact that a thumbnail is going to be given an overlay isn't known until the skin is actually iterating through the files.
The idea is just for a warning, not for a general usage. I was thinking of an api call on an album object that would add the icon/overlay. If the skin code shows an image is too small then an api call sets the icon/image (think of the warning triangle icon and folder overlay).

For an icon/overlay the skin could supply its own in the skin folder or call up a default, like the skin icon and warning triangle.

Edited by: RobM on 14 May 2022, 18:30
To add more information. A skin could apply the api call at any point to update the explore display. For a critical skin problem the image could even be selected in the gui and the build stopped. Non critical problems could just mark the objects and present a message.
RobM

Posted: 20 May 22, 14:42   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Not a lot of interest so I’ll mark as answered. I’ll continue to print to the system console and rely on a pop up dialogue to tell users to look there.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums