This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12 Nov 22, 15:21 Last Post By: PhilippeCharles Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
PhilippeCharles

Projector - Bug report - Regression when overriding slideshow
Posted: 14 May 22, 08:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The release notes of the new version 3.4 posted yesterday tells the following:
  • Fixed: " Slideshow might go haywire when you manually move to the previous or next image".

It looks like this fix (unclear what "go haywire" really means here) has introduced the following regression:
  • During a slideshow, if you try to manually move to the previous or next image, the slideshow does stop but the lateral bar does not show anymore.
  • Practically, this means for instance that you cannot restart the slideshow.
  • This occurs both on PC and on mobile.
Laza

Re: Projector - Bug report - Regression when overriding slideshow
Posted: 14 May 22, 12:23   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles
Helpful
Thanks for reporting. What I was referring to is double cycles: you hit the next button and the next picture comes up, but the slideshow goes on at double speed.
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 14 May 22, 23:11   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks Laza for the explanation for "go haywire".

So, do you confirm the issue ?
Laza

Posted: 16 May 22, 15:24   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Yes, thanks for reporting! I have (hopefully) fixed this bug with v3.4.1.
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 16 May 22, 23:22   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Well ... not really ;-).

I tried on 2 different albums and I see no change:
  • During a slideshow, if you try to manually move to the previous or next image, the slideshow does stop but the lateral bar does not show anymore.
  • Note also that, on a mobile, when zooming into a photo ... this may restart the slideshow!

Edit - I noticed another issue related to this bug:
  • In fact, when moving to the previous or next image, you don't stop completelly the slideshow, as the "camera" icon to see the EXIF data does not show up either.
  • The only way now to browse manually the slides is to use the navigation by tags from the bar menu; but even so, the "camera" icon get displayed, but does not display any EXIF data when hoovering or clicking on a PC (but clicking is working on a mobile).

Edited by: PhilippeCharles on 17 May 2022, 07:41
Laza

Posted: 17 May 22, 17:28   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles
Helpful
I tested it now with an auto-hiding sidebar, and true, it's hard to stop the slideshow this way. Could you stop the slideshow previously by manually moving to the next or previous picture? That's also not very intuitive. I believe there should be a pause button always visible during a slideshow, even if the whole sidebar gets hidden.

In the latest version, I made the previous/next buttons to not interrupt the slideshow, but rather just move to the previous/next picture and continue the slideshow with that image. Isn't this what visitors expect?

The face-tag and metadata buttons are really malfunctioning. I will look into this issue.
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 17 May 22, 23:33   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

The previous "override" behavior, as I call it, was quite OK (if you know it), but you are right : this is not intuitive.
Therefore, your suggestion to add a "Stop" button really makes sense.

Thank you for your support.
Laza

Posted: 19 May 22, 16:56   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles
Correct
I have just released a new version with a major rework of the slideshow functionality.
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 20 May 22, 21:32   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hello Laza,

Thank you for your impressive reactivity and hard work!
  • The new design, with the animated pause button, indeed solves the problem at 95%.
  • The EXIF data are now correctly displayed again. Great.

There only one thing remaining to discuss: if you override the slideshow by moving the slide forward/backward, the slideshow is apparently stopped i.e. it stays as is:
  • So it will not restart by default.
  • This means that you have to press the new animated pause button ... to be able to restart with the play button (double action, thus a bit ackward?)
  • An alternative would be that such override will in fact trigg the pause button automatically?
I think the current behavior is still acceptable, although it's just not totally consistent.

Finally, probably as a consequence of the above changes, the fullscreen button of the sidebar is not properly reset when you reach the end of the slide show.
In some occasions, this also occurs if you turn the mobile multiple times, which makes the Internet adress bar visible again.
In both cases, the fullscreen button has the incorrect state (undo fullscreen).
PhilippeCharles

Posted: 12 Nov 22, 15:21   in response to: PhilippeCharles in response to: PhilippeCharles

Last remaining issue fixed.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums