This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 5 Nov 21, 02:04 Last Post By: tonywmson Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
tonywmson

Saturn -- "up one level" with flat folder structure
Posted: 4 Nov 21, 18:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am migrating to Saturn from Matrix and other skins. I have always used a Flat file structure with no folders and (most) skins supported an "up one level" link. The "up one level" in Saturn seems to require a folder structure so I must create a higher level folder (which I have no need for) to make this work.
So, is there a way to create a an UP one level (e.g., ../index.html) link in a Saturn single page flat structure?
Much Thanks...
JeffTucker

Re: Saturn -- "up one level" with flat folder structure
Posted: 4 Nov 21, 19:14   in response to: tonywmson in response to: tonywmson

Under Settings > Pages > Link to external homepage > Address (URL), enter ../index.html, and enter whatever tooltip text you want. Then under Saturn > Index Page & Icons > Home Icons, the first choice will use the "arrow leading out of the box" icon for that "up" link, and the second choice will use the "home" icon, instead.
tonywmson

Posted: 5 Nov 21, 00:16   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks Jeff,
Your suggestion works....sort of....almost.
I guess I forgot to say that I wanted the UP but also wanted to have the HOME, both icons/links on the same page. The only way I can make it work is to use a LOGO specified on the TITLE page and have the LOGO point to one of the two (HOME or UP). I guess I can make a LOGO image file that is an "up arrow" and the image will become a link to the file specified in the LOGO external site name. Not very elegant, but should work.
Thanks for your help. If anyone comes up with a better solution let me know.
Much Thanks......... Tony
JeffTucker

Posted: 5 Nov 21, 01:48   in response to: tonywmson in response to: tonywmson

I have no idea what your site looks like, but I think I'd be inclined to develop some sort of logo that always represents the top of the site, and use that consistently across all the site contents, with a link to the top of your domain.
tonywmson

Posted: 5 Nov 21, 02:04   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Great idea. I'll do that.

Thank you very much for your help.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums