This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22 Oct 21, 22:18 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Posts: 4,377
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 19 Oct 21, 18:00
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
If an object is selected and the view changed, say from Titles to Comments, the object is deselected. It would be much better if the object remained selected.
davidekholm

Posts: 4,399
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 20 Oct 21, 10:18   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
I agree. I'll put this on the todo.
RobM

Posts: 4,377
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 20 Oct 21, 10:52   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
I agree. I'll put this on the todo.
Thanks. Identifying images etc. is easy, but if you are working on folders with the same representing image, or no image, it is easy to get lost.
davidekholm

Posts: 4,399
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 20 Oct 21, 11:45   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
I agree. I'll put this on the todo.
Thanks. Identifying images etc. is easy, but if you are working on folders with the same representing image, or no image, it is easy to get lost.

Please try a core update now. It seems to work now, but I had some initial struggles so it's good if more people test this.
RobM

Posts: 4,377
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 20 Oct 21, 12:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
Please try a core update now. It seems to work now, but I had some initial struggles so it's good if more people test this.
Great, it works a treat on my Mac, guess you will want a Windows and Linux user to test it now.
MarkusD

Posts: 719
Registered: 13-Apr-2006
Re: Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 22 Oct 21, 17:41   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Please try a core update now. It seems to work now, but I had some initial struggles so it's good if more people test this.
Great, it works a treat on my Mac, guess you will want a Windows and Linux user to test it now.
Just tested it on Windows. Works as expected. Very cool feature!
davidekholm

Posts: 4,399
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: Keep selected object selected when changing views
Posted: 22 Oct 21, 22:18   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD
 
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Yes, I can confirm that it behaves well on Windows too. Hard to call it a feature though, rather just a better behavior. Less surprises is usually a good thing.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums