This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11 Aug 21, 00:28 Last Post By: Moxa33 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Moxa33

A page photoblogger like kindle ?
Posted: 8 Jul 21, 11:26

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello.

I would like to insert a text, instead of a photo, which can be adapted in a "responsive" way.
I tried with an image-text but the result is not good.
It would be great if the text could fit or grow ... like a kindle !

Have a nice day from France ;)
Alain
Laza

Re: A page photoblogger like kindle ?
Posted: 8 Jul 21, 11:43   in response to: Moxa33 in response to: Moxa33
Correct
You can use Edit mode -> External -> External content box to add text instead of an image. First, you have to add an image, which will serve as a thumbnail, but in the lightbox, the image is replaced by the text (or any HTML content). You might need to fix the text color, as it might be unreadable. (Settings / Photoblogger / Advanced / CSS)
.lightbox .lightbox-main.external { color: white; }

This is an example of a center-aligned text:
<p class="text-center">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.</p>
JeffTucker

Posted: 8 Jul 21, 12:32   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Helpful
Why not just add the text as a PDF? You can create the text in your favorite word processor, and make it as plain or fancy as you like. Then save it as a PDF, and add that PDF to the project, along with a THM image as the thumbnail. The visitor can then enlarge it as needed with the controls in the PDF viewer.

(Laza - I see you're using the Google Docs viewer for PDF's. I switched away from that. Using the browser's native PDF viewer means that local preview works, but more important, there's no telling when Google will pull the plug on that undocumented feature. It's what we used to refer to as "coding to the bug!" I also notice that sometimes the Google Doc viewer doesn't respond quickly enough, and the Photoblogger lightbox seems to get "stuck" while waiting for it.)

ETA: A quick demo: (demo album removed)
Moxa33

Posted: 16 Jul 21, 10:21   in response to: Moxa33 in response to: Moxa33

Thank you so much !

I will try your solutions

Best regards.
Alain
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer