This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16 Jun 21, 23:02 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Groovy GUI scripting and OS X
Posted: 13 Jun 21, 22:57

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Previously, Groovy GUI scripts such as the Metadata Convertor worked on OS X and Windows. That and other Groovy scripts no longer run on OS X 11.4.

I have tried updating Groovy to 3.0.8, but it make no difference.

What seems to be happening is that the 'Cancel' and 'OK' buttons actionPerformed commands are not being triggered. If I add a println statement to show 'vars.dialogResult' after the end of the gui code it shows 'null' on loading the script. Nothing else is printed when clicking OK and none of the selected actions are performed.

I don't know if Windows is affected too, or if it is just my Mac.

Can anyone confirm what happens on other devices?
Minimum requirements are jAlbum 22 and Groovy swing groovy-swing-3.0.5.jar (added to an 'ext' directory within jAlbum's configuration directory)

Groovy swing file attached, if needed

Edited by: RobM on 13 Jun 2021, 23:16
I can rewrite the scripts so they work on OS X 11.4, so it is not a major problem
JeffTucker

Re: Groovy GUI scripting and OS X
Posted: 14 Jun 21, 00:35   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Doesn't seem to be working on Windows, jAlbum 24b20. There is no "Press F5 to refresh" dialog, and the requested actions aren't being performed. The BSH version works.

However, neither version seems to be able to populate keywords.
RobM

Posted: 14 Jun 21, 10:26   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
Doesn't seem to be working on Windows, jAlbum 24b20. There is no "Press F5 to refresh" dialog, and the requested actions aren't being performed. The BSH version works.
Thanks for confirming. It is very odd, as I tried it on JAlbum 22 and it doesn’t work now, but did before.
I’ll have a look at that soon. I’ve rewritten the Groovy version and it works on titles and comments, I need to check the other fields.
RobM

Posted: 16 Jun 21, 23:02   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:

I have updated the Groovy version. The .bsh version (Version 1.1, 26 May 2021) on my machine works fine with keywords. I have imported keywords from 'xmp.acdsee:keywords'.
What it won't do though is import from anything other than an array, so no simple strings.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums