This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10 May 21, 10:30 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RichardHC

AMP Google Compliant pages
Posted: 8 May 21, 22:02

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Accelerated Mobile Pages use a completely different form of page design and offer a significant boost in page speed load plus - critically - SEO rating.
Will Jalbum or one of the skins for Jablum be AMP compliant? If so, please let me know and I'll renew my Jalbum support and order the new skin as soon as I see them available.
RobM

Re: AMP Google Compliant pages
Posted: 9 May 21, 00:35   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

Not impressed with https://amp.dev/about/how-amp-works/
On iOS Safari and even Chrome, the videos don’t show.
It seems AMP is mainly for professional sites, but the cut down html, css and JavaScript might be a problem for most amateur skin developers.

Edited by: RobM on 9 May 2021, 22:22
And on OS X it fails with Safari and Firefox.
JeffTucker

Posted: 9 May 21, 23:53   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
On iOS Safari and even Chrome, the videos don’t show.

I love the "about" page, which invites the visitor to "watch the explainer video." The video is not visible in any browser under Windows.

It seems AMP is mainly for professional sites, but the cut down html, css and JavaScript might be a problem for most amateur skin developers.

The insistence upon only asynchronous Javascript would spell disaster for page layout in most modern skins. The insistence upon inline CSS is incompatible with the basic jAlbum model, and the 50KB limitation would doom almost all of the bundled skins.

It's just a mess.
JeffTucker

Posted: 10 May 21, 00:00   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
...the cut down html....

...fails validation. Just on the "about" page, 202 errors. No wonder it blows up in most browsers.
RobM

Posted: 10 May 21, 10:30   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Not being able to use the CSS !important would be a problem for most users too - not being able to customise skin looks.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums