This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Apr 21, 16:31 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jeanpixel

Story skin > Search result for webloc
Posted: 17 Apr 21, 20:03

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,
I am using Story skin to build a "meta-album" of my hundred and more personal albums made for years with Jalbum (and also other like Adobe Spark).
My folders include weblocs only, linking to the various Albums. All works perfecly as I expect it works, thanks to this beautifull skin !
My question is about the search box feature (in the hero or in navigation bar): It works well and returns the names of the weblocs searched.... but unfortunately, the result are text only and not clickable to link to the URL of the webloc !
Did I do something wrong in the webloc creation ? or may be available in a next up-date of STory skin?
Thank you for reading,
Laza

Re: Story skin > Search result for webloc
Posted: 18 Apr 21, 09:16   in response to: jeanpixel in response to: jeanpixel

That's true, albums linked through weblocs are not part of the album tree, therefore they are not searchable from the outside.

Albums made with Adobe spark will probably never be searchable from a jAlbum album (and vice-versa), and it's also hard to imagine how a search throughout hundreds of albums could work within jAlbum albums. This takes loading every album's database and running a search on all of them, which could take long minutes. Not something any visitor would wait for. Google search is something that was optimized for this task from the beginning. You can use that tool. https://support.google.com/programmable-search/answer/4513903?hl=en
jeanpixel

Posted: 18 Apr 21, 13:14   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Attachment Capture_.jpg (271.1 KB)
Thank you for your quick reply.
Sorry I din't expect JAlbum search is looking for data inside external albums (even if your proposal throuh google search is interresting).
I expected that when Story displays the result of search, the name of the webloc is clickable and links to the Url. (See attach screen capture) Kind regards

Edited by: jeanpixel on 18 Apr 2021, 13:16
Laza

Posted: 18 Apr 21, 16:30   in response to: jeanpixel in response to: jeanpixel

Ah, sorry, those thumbnails supposed to be clickable. I'll check out why not.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums