This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 3 Feb 21, 15:34 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
lehrlich1

Different Music for sub-folders
Posted: 29 Jan 21, 17:18

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi there, try as I might, I can't find an existing thread on this:
I am trying to assign dedicated songs to different sub-folders.
Regardless of the skin, all songs one adds, seem to be assigned (and played) by all subfolders.
How can I dedicated one specific song with each specific subfolder?
Thanks!
AndreWolff

Re: Different Music for sub-folders
Posted: 29 Jan 21, 17:23   in response to: lehrlich1 in response to: lehrlich1

That depends on the used skin. It is possible with the FancyBox skin, see the manual.

It is also possible with the PhotoSwipe skin and the Slide Show 4 skin,.

Edit:

Open this album to see and hear this.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 29-Jan-2021 19:56
JeffTucker

Posted: 29 Jan 21, 17:25   in response to: lehrlich1 in response to: lehrlich1

AFAIK, there is no current skin that offers that functionality. The jAlbum core knows nothing about this, so it would have to be something the skin is coded for.

ETA: It appears that there is a way to do it with Fancybox.
lehrlich1

Posted: 31 Jan 21, 00:20   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Hi Andre
Thanks for the quick response... I did try Fancybox and photo swipe... and sadly neither one works. Not only won't they allow for different MP3's for different subfolders, but music won't play, period.
I'm actually back to square one where Story has the most reliable music-support..
Thanks
lehrlich1

Posted: 31 Jan 21, 00:22   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Jeff, you are correct, I now side with you (having Andre's suggested Fancybox etc). None works: every single skin that I tested offers only one box of music selections ... and none control whatsoever which one gets played by which subdirectories.
Right now, I suspect this is not a Skin-feature but it's in the main coding of jAlbum itself.
Cheers, Lutz
JeffTucker

Posted: 31 Jan 21, 00:31   in response to: lehrlich1 in response to: lehrlich1

lehrlich1 wrote:
Right now, I suspect this is not a Skin-feature but it's in the main coding of jAlbum itself.

Trust me. I'm a skin developer. This is something that a skin has to code for. There is no functionality for this in the jAlbum core.

Remember, anything you see on a skin tab, like Story, is coming from the skin developer. The jAlbum core provides only the functions you see on the other tabs - General, Structure, Pages, and so on. Those are all things that the core handles. The jAlbum core doesn't produce a single line of HTML, CSS, or Javascript (well, except for jAlbum widgets) - all of that comes from the skin developer.

I'm considering adding folder-level music tracks to my two skins that currently support music - Neptune and Saturn. The user interface part is easy. The actual template coding isn't conceptually difficult, but it involves a lot of "messing about." ;)
AndreWolff

Posted: 31 Jan 21, 08:22   in response to: lehrlich1 in response to: lehrlich1

lehrlich1 wrote:
Hi Andre
Thanks for the quick response... I did try Fancybox and photo swipe... and sadly neither one works. Not only won't they allow for different MP3's for different subfolders, but music won't play, period.
I'm actually back to square one where Story has the most reliable music-support..
Thanks
Well it does work as I showed in this test album (method 4, no music in the root directory) and this album (method 3), But I admit the description in the help file was not very good, I corrected this in the meantime.

In the new version 3.3 it is now possible to select a track per folder in the FancyBox custom panel.

So please let me help you: give a link to the album you tried, tell me what method you used and attach the project file.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 03-Feb-2021 15:31
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums