This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jan-2021 16:15 Last Post By: rovingmagpie Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rovingmagpie

Navigation menu
Posted: 14-Jan-2021 22:26

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is a question specific to the Story Skin. It concerns the Navigation Menu (with the 3 horizontal bars, just below the Hero page).

I'm putting a lot of pages of text around my images, main chapters with subchapters. I'd like to have only the main chapter pages be visible in the Navigation Menu instead of every small page.
Looks like this was done on the Story skin introduction album, so there MUST be a way to do it. Maybe by setting some pages as a lower "level", then restricting the depth on the navigation menu?
(I can't find a page level setting. I've also tried leaving the title area blank on the lesser pages, the Navigation menu then displays the .htt filename.)

I've been all over the manuals, tutorials and forums - I'm at wit's end and asking for help. Anybody?
Laza

Re: Navigation menu
Posted: 15-Jan-2021 11:05   in response to: rovingmagpie in response to: rovingmagpie
Correct
I'm not sure you're looking for this, but by Story / Functions / Navigation / Pages = OFF the pages will not appear in the menu.
rovingmagpie

Re: Navigation menu
Posted: 15-Jan-2021 16:15   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thank you, Laza. Yes, I did see that but it didn't do quite what I wanted, it turned off Navigation for ALL pages. I guess I misunderstood your introduction, I thought there had been one or two pages in the Navigation as well as the albums.
I guess that as a workaround to do what I want, I could create a hidden album as an entry in the Navigation for each of my main pages, then hide all pages. That would work, and wouldn't be too difficult.
At least now I know that what I was looking for isn't there - Thanks!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums