i have a problem with the folder naming. the skin organizes the months in folders. the month march in german "März" has an umlaut "ä". this umlaut is not accepted by the server so the page is not accessible.
Locally on the hard disk the page is accessible and works wonderfully.
I send a screenshot of the directory tree.
Greetings from germany with Umlaute "ä , ö, ü".
thanks for your tip.
So my webhoster is myself and I couldn't teach my apache on the raspi to understand links with umlauts yet.
As for my project. i just dragged photos into the project without folders. The folders are generated only when creating the project and the names to it also.
So currently I don't see any subfolders in my project that I can rename.
I understand what you mean though and will see how I can use that.
Thanks for your contribution to my problem
Hi Jeff, sorry for stealing your time. I found the error. It was in the FTP client file zilla. Namely, in the server manager the charset was set to auto detect. And i have now set it to force UTF-8.
Now I can reach the page.
I came up with this because after transferring folders with umlauts, I could see them on the server but I couldn't delete them. I had to delete them through the console via the raspian. Now I know why.
At that time I thought, the server can't handle umlauts and I accepted that. In my website programming I have always avoided folders with umlauts. Until jAlbum created them automatically and there it was again, the problem.
Thank you anyway for helping me with my problem.
Maybe we come together again with the next problem.
Greetings Mario M. (Germany/Hessen home of "Ahle Wurscht")