This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 9 Feb 21, 11:14 Last Post By: JeffTucker
Emaresti

Browser
Posted: 9 Jan 21, 12:06

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Local access to the album´s database file is blocked by your browser. This does not affect the uploaded album! Use jAlbum´s Preview (F12) for testing!...
JeffTucker

Re: Browser
Posted: 9 Jan 21, 13:45   in response to: Emaresti in response to: Emaresti

(Thread moved - this is not about the jAlbum website.)

Go to Tools > Preferences > General > Preview and check Use embedded web server. Then you should be able to preview the album in the internal browser or in any external browser, by hitting F12 after you have made the album.
JeffTucker

Posted: 9 Jan 21, 13:46   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

This is the second time you have asked the same question, and the second time it has been answered. Please just follow the instructions.

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=56581
JeanPierre

Posted: 9 Feb 21, 10:27   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Local access to the album´s database file is blocked by your browser. This does not affect the uploaded album! Use jAlbum´s Preview (F12) for testing!...
I have this message and the F12 key allows me to access the generated album on my computer.
I would like to copy this generated album on another computer. Unfortunately once copied I have the same message and obviously the F12 does not work.
I am not interested to publish my album. Only to have it on a few computers. Is it possible to publish on my own computer and to copy it after? Other solution?
JeffTucker

Posted: 9 Feb 21, 11:14   in response to: JeanPierre in response to: JeanPierre

All of Laza's skins are driven by a JSON database. For security reasons, all browsers block access to the database unless it's being delivered from a server. You can run a server on your PC - this is what jAlbum is doing internally to enable local preview of the album. You could also run your own server, like XAMPP, and view the album from there. But you can't launch File Explorer (or Finder on a Mac), and launch the album by opening its index.html file.

My skins do not use a JSON database, and therefore have no restriction on local viewing.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums