This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jan-2021 21:47 Last Post By: MarkE Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
MarkE

Updating Emulated Devices
Posted: 09-Jan-2021 00:28

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Ref. Preferences>General>Preview>Windowed

It also provides a quick way of seeing how your album will look on various devices, to select a device to emulate click on the 'mobile devices' icon and select a device/size from the dropdown list. You can rotate the 'device' by clicking on the rotate icon, toggling between landscape to portrait orientation.

Just discovered this, nice feature! Is it possible to add to these options? If not, can I request an update to some more modern devices/sizes, please?

Thanks.

Edited by: RobM on 09-Jan-2021 10:36
Changed link to point to exact setting
AndreWolff

Re: Updating Emulated Devices
Posted: 09-Jan-2021 09:54   in response to: MarkE in response to: MarkE

Attachment Simulator.jpg (392.0 KB)
Attachment SimulatorPortrait.jpg (187.7 KB)
You can do that with the Google Chrome and other browsers in development mode, press F12 if an album is displayed on a PC with Chrome.
See also enclosed screenshots.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 09-Jan-2021 10:01
MarkE

Posted: 09-Jan-2021 21:55   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
You can do that with the Google Chrome and other browsers in development mode, press F12 if an album is displayed on a PC with Chrome.
See also enclosed screenshots.

Thanks for the pointer!

I am a bit non-plussed, though. I set up the screen resolution for a Samsung S7 (and S3), and Chrome presents something much different to how it actually appears on the devices.

I went back to jAlbum and the built-in browser, and had to use the "Galaxy Note 3 (*360 x 640*)" to make it look like it does on my S7 (which has a far higher screen resolution in pixels).

Maybe I'm missing something ......
davidekholm

Posted: 15-Jan-2021 21:26   in response to: MarkE in response to: MarkE

Please pass me a list of suggested modern devices and their resolutions and I'll update the list
MarkE

Posted: 15-Jan-2021 21:47   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Please pass me a list of suggested modern devices and their resolutions and I'll update the list

Hi David,

I was wondering about this .... my S7 is 1440 x 2560 pixels, but the emulation looks nothing like the phone. I don't know what to make of it, and so don't see the use of adding to the list .... :(

Mark
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums