This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Jun 21, 00:35 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
wyco

How add a new cropping ratio
Posted: 1 Jan 21, 15:02

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello to all friends of the forum, I have been using Jalbum for over 10 years to publish my photos and stories of my excursions in the mountains. I need your help, I would like to know if it was possible to add a new crop ratio for the images to the program, I would need ratio 1:33, how can I do without setting it manually every time? I usually use an external program (Image cropper), but I would like it to be inside Jalbum. I have already searched the forum but did not find an adequate answer. Thanks

Edited by: RobM on 17 Jun 2021, 23:34
Moved from Tools to this forum, it is not about a new tool or plugin
JeffTucker

Re: How add a new cropping ratio
Posted: 1 Jan 21, 16:01   in response to: wyco in response to: wyco

Isn't the existing 3:4 ratio what you're looking for? That's 1:1.33333. Or are you actually looking for a consistent portrait mode crop?

(The stated ratios are backwards, to me - they should be width:height, not the other way around.)
wyco

Posted: 31 Mar 21, 11:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi, thanks for your answer which I was able to see just a little while ago. Precisely I would need the following ratio 3.33: 1 to have an image 850 pixels wide and 255 high. Can you help me? Thanks
I am attaching an image as an example
JeffTucker

Posted: 31 Mar 21, 14:43   in response to: wyco in response to: wyco

The existing preset crop ratios are compiled into the jAlbum core, so there's no way for a user to add new ratios to the list. You could submit a feature request to have it added - it would be shown as 3:10 in the current jAlbum scheme (which shows as height:width, using integers). But that seems like an unusual aspect ratio, probably of little use to other users.

ETA: It would seem to me that the existing 1:3 ratio would be close enough. Why are you stuck with 1:3.333?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums