This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 9 Jul 21, 16:14 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Soomre

PhotoBlogger FAcebook share button
Posted: 25 Nov 20, 21:04

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi
Somehow I can't see facebook share button with image. There are twitter and all others.
Please do look at
Link: https://belbin.ee/Golf-Moments/Eesti-Meistrivoistlused/2020-EGCC-3/index.html#img=MSO-200726-2639.jpg

AND
If I share link from browser FB shoes album photo, not image itself.
What do I miss?

Edited by: JeffTucker on 25-Nov-2020 15:32, to fix link
JeffTucker

Re: PhotoBlogger FAcebook share button
Posted: 25 Nov 20, 21:44   in response to: Soomre in response to: Soomre

Facebook does not allow sharing of individual images from within an album. You can share only the whole album, or nothing. They changed this about two years ago.
Soomre

Posted: 26 Nov 20, 06:48   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

This is not good at all as it ruins all my plans with galleries :( Most of my photos is from golf competition and I do share always single photos to players. And they do share single images.
BUT
I think I have idea for you. Solution.
Problem might be because PhotoBlogger uses for single images tag solution (catalog-url/index.html#filename) This doesn't work.
Same applys for searched photos ... you can't share those :(

If album is generating full url for every single image (catalog-url/filename) it works.
As example look my SmugMug gallery link which works well on single image.
Link: https://soomre.smugmug.com/Golf-Estonia/Best-photos-of-the-year/Cover-photos/i-h9qT3Zg/A

Edited by: Soomre on 26-Nov-2020 08:32

Edited by: Laza on 26-Nov-2020 08:00
Fixing link
Laza

Posted: 27 Nov 20, 21:58   in response to: Soomre in response to: Soomre

Yes, this could work. Until Facebook changes its mind. They have released 6 major versions of their API in a year, which makes it impossible to follow, unless you focus solely on FB.

Separate pages for images are the thing of the XXth century. Today each and every picture gallery is using a single page layout and load pictures on the same page. Only this makes possible using picture transitions for example. (And most of the functions the skin provides, like slideshow and background music.) With separate pages you have to load not only the HTML pages, but all the libraries too for every picture. At the end of the day for a single facebook share you sacrifice a lot of bandwidth of your visitors and have a crappy user experience.

Perhaps later I will implement some shadow html structure, solely for Facebook share, but I didn't byte the bullet yet.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Nov 20, 22:27   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Separate pages for images are the thing of the XXth century. Today each and every picture gallery is using a single page layout and load pictures on the same page.

I still have three "slide page" skins - Atom, Jupiter, and Mercury.

Only this makes possible using picture transitions for example.

I fake it with a fade-in on each slide page. Not slick, but at least the images don't "pop" into view with a jolt, and I do preload the next image, which helps:

https://jefftucker.net/mercury/justified/

And most of the functions the skin provides, like slideshow and background music.

True - those aren't possible. But it's not going to be long before background music will be impossible, anyway, because of what the browsers are doing. It's almost not worth including that capability.

With separate pages you have to load not only the HTML pages, but all the libraries too for every picture.

Not bad, because as long as you're loading the same scripts, they're cached. And I'm using only a few small, lean scripts.

But as you well know, I don't do social media - I've watched your agony for long enough to know better.
Soomre

Posted: 27 Nov 20, 23:21   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I see your point. From technology point of view. And this FB API thing ... grazy. 6 times a year ...

So my problem still exists. Any ides how to share single images? Or no chance at all at the moment?
Of course I could take the picture from my local disk and share this image as upload to FB and add link to the text "Click to see full gallery". But this is soooooo not OK to do :)
Laza

Posted: 27 Nov 20, 23:48   in response to: Soomre in response to: Soomre

Today you can share it through Twitter (Tumblr) or send the link. Facebook made sharing content from external site so hard on purpose after they saw how easy to hack their newsfeed. A dynamic page (like these albums) can easily generate content on the fly - Facebook has no chance to verify and filter their content. That's why they insist on static pages. (Naturally troll factories can easily circumvent this hurdle.)

In the future I will make separate image pages for sharing - perhaps that will work for a few months before Facebook figures out how to ban them. :)
Soomre

Posted: 28 Nov 20, 17:07   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

FB is much more used than Twitter. I can think it from different angles still ... missing single image sharing :) Right now sharing from lightbox to FB is ... as it is.
Shall wait next update.
Soomre

Posted: 9 Jul 21, 15:35   in response to: Soomre in response to: Soomre

It works now with Tiger 3
Laza

Posted: 9 Jul 21, 16:14   in response to: Soomre in response to: Soomre
Helpful
I'll transplant Tiger's Facebook share to Photoblogger soon.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums