This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30 Oct 20, 15:18 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
stevesaigon

Publish Album - No album has been made yet.
Posted: 26 Oct 20, 13:51

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jAlbum error.png (43.2 KB)
I have made my album. Looks good in the preview window. Uploaded to my site to my server using FileZilla. No problem. The site looks and works great.

However, when trying to get jAlbum to upload the site, I strike a problem. In the Upload/Manage dialog, jAlbum connects to my site and lists the directory. The root directory is set, and the album directory is selected. When I click Upload I get the message box titled "Publish Album" that says "No album has been made yet. Make sure you have made the album before publishing it." Attached. Same error whether I select "Smart upload" or "Upload All".

I even get this error after clicking on the "Upload" button in the preview window after just having "made" the album.

What am I doing wrong here?
AnCa

Re: Publish Album - No album has been made yet.
Posted: 26 Oct 20, 18:55   in response to: stevesaigon in response to: stevesaigon

Did you click "Make album"?
I think you'll have to provide more screenshots of what you do. Please email support@jalbum.net with all the details unless you want to share every detail of your album creation process with the whole world. :)
stevesaigon

Posted: 27 Oct 20, 01:40   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Yes, I did click Make Album and that process completed before trying to upload to my site.
RobM

Posted: 27 Oct 20, 11:03   in response to: stevesaigon in response to: stevesaigon

It might be worth trying a clean install, follow the instructions at https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=35746&tstart=0
davidekholm

Posted: 28 Oct 20, 14:04   in response to: stevesaigon in response to: stevesaigon

stevesaigon wrote:
Yes, I did click Make Album and that process completed before trying to upload to my site.

As the album can be made in multiple ways, Please try this:
1) Open/restart jAlbum
2) Open the problematic project
3) Hit the "Make album" button in the lower left section of jAlbum's main window
4) After completion, hit the "upload" button.
Do you bump into the same problem now?
davidekholm

Posted: 28 Oct 20, 14:14   in response to: stevesaigon in response to: stevesaigon

Steve, as soon as you get this odd "No album has been made yet", please close the upload window and open jAlbum's system console (F7). Now issue the following in the upper panel (copy,paste,execute):
engine.getInterpretedOutputDirectory();

What does it print in jAlbum's lower panel when you execute it? Is not the path printed there the truly existing album folder for that current project?
You can follow up this test by executing this code:
engine.getInterpretedOutputDirectory().exists();
Now, does it print "true" or "false" to the lower panel? The root of the error message is that the uploader can't find an existing local album folder.
stevesaigon

Re: Publish Album - No album has been made yet - UPDATE
Posted: 30 Oct 20, 13:27   in response to: stevesaigon in response to: stevesaigon

This started working after I renamed all folders and files that had a space in their filename.

All good now. Thanks for all the suggestions.
davidekholm

Re: Publish Album - No album has been made yet - UPDATE
Posted: 30 Oct 20, 15:18   in response to: stevesaigon in response to: stevesaigon

Great, but I'd still LOVE it if you could reproduce the problem and execute that code statement for me.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums