This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-Oct-2020 21:03 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

To update to a compiled version yes or no?
Posted: 21-Oct-2020 16:57

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I converted the user interface of the FanyBox skin to a compiled version with NetBeans, but I hesitate to release this version, because it has hardly benefits for the user.
Opening an album in jAlbum goes slightly faster, but this version requires at least jAlbum 20.4 because JDK14 is used. The non-compiled version could be used in jAlbum 15.3.

I have the following questions:

Which % of the jAlbum users do still use a version below 20.4?

Do users of jAlbum before version 20.4 see the update message if they open a FancyBox album after I released the compiled version where the skin.properties file indicates that minimal version 20.4 is required?
Because if they see that link and update, the new version will not work.
JeffTucker

Re: To update to a compiled version yes or no?
Posted: 21-Oct-2020 18:20   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

You could choose JDK 11 as the Source/Binary, which would cover users down to jAlbum 17 (October 2018).

But if you're using jAlbum core routines like syntax highlighting (JSmartSyntaxTextArea), that still won't work, unless you go through a lot of messy version checking (there was a whole thread about that) - it requires jAlbum 22. That's simply not present in older versions of jAlbum, no matter how you compile the UI.
AndreWolff

Re: To update to a compiled version yes or no?
Posted: 21-Oct-2020 21:03   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
You could choose JDK 11 as the Source/Binary, which would cover users down to jAlbum 17 (October 2018).
Yes, so I wonder what is the advantage of using JDK 14?
But if you're using jAlbum core routines like syntax highlighting (JSmartSyntaxTextArea), that still won't work,
I understand, but I tested the BSH version with jAlbum 19 and it works OK but of course you can't use the HTML editor, etc.
However the compiled version does not work at all under jAlbum 19
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums