This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21 Oct 20, 19:58 Last Post By: davidekholm
fraziers

Confused on how to set up and manage multiple accounts.
Posted: 10 Oct 20, 17:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I started using jalbum about 2 years ago for a website client. Got the desktop pro version which allows to develop photo galleries for unlimited customers as long as development remains on my desktop and I ftp the photo gallery to wherever their server is. This works great for clients that pass photos to me and allow me to manage their galleries. Here's where the confusion comes in. A new client wants me to set up their album and they want to be able to log in to the jalbum interface to manage their own gallery. They may also need me to help along the way so I'll need to have access as well. I'm a web developer and love the jalbum so plan to promote it to new and old clients. Anyway I would be very open to advice from other web developers how they handle multiple accounts. Thanks in advance.
davidekholm

Re: Confused on how to set up and manage multiple accounts.
Posted: 12 Oct 20, 11:14   in response to: fraziers in response to: fraziers

Hi, to manage the same gallery from several computers, it's recommended to put the project folder on a shared network drive. That customer also needs a license, as the licenses are personal.
ironhedllc

Posted: 21 Oct 20, 14:26   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Thanks for the response and with your help and kind of jumping in I figured it out. Sorry for taking so long to reply. Great program, though.
davidekholm

Posted: 21 Oct 20, 19:58   in response to: ironhedllc in response to: ironhedllc

Thank you
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums