This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 16 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 06-Oct-2020 15:02 Last Post By: AnCa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
frankploegmakers

how to lose the "like", tweet, and other social ...bar
Posted: 24-Sep-2020 14:41

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If I open a album, you can get rid off the social bar ...
But; the openenings page has still that bar. You can click it away but I would like to get rid of it at the start.
Is that possible?
and; I have a "project" in the project; albums....
I can set a password on the album, but I would like to set more then one password on an album.
Is that possible?
RobM

Re: how to lose the "like", tweet, and other social ...bar
Posted: 24-Sep-2020 15:56   in response to: frankploegmakers in response to: frankploegmakers

frankploegmakers wrote:
and; I have a "project" in the project; albums....
I can set a password on the album, but I would like to set more then one password on an album.
Is that possible?
See https://jalbum.net/help/en/Password_protect_sub_folder_in_albums_uploaded_to_jalbum.net
Laza

Posted: 24-Sep-2020 17:43   in response to: frankploegmakers in response to: frankploegmakers

By "Social bar" you mean the GPRS consent bar at the bottom? Go to Settings / Tiger / Site / Site admin / Tracking consent and Cookie policy / and turn off both options, Make, Upload, refresh browser (Ctrl-F5).
frankploegmakers

Posted: 26-Sep-2020 20:28   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks for answering my question .....
No; that bar I did find.... (you can hide it after a xxx seconds)
It is the bar if you go to xxxxx.jalnum.net (zie picture)

It stays in place as if it is sticked, don`t need it, don`t like it......
JeffTucker

Posted: 26-Sep-2020 20:43   in response to: frankploegmakers in response to: frankploegmakers
Correct
Don't use this address for the album, which automatically includes the "browse bar:"

https://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1989845

Use the actual, direct address for the album:

https://frankploegmakers.jalbum.net/Angelique/
frankploegmakers

Posted: 27-Sep-2020 22:50   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks; that is the one i was looking for. .....
Then i am direct in the album.
Is it not possible to get this "thing" of from the startpage?
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-Sep-2020 22:55   in response to: frankploegmakers in response to: frankploegmakers

No, all links from your profile page - https://frankploegmakers.jalbum.net/ - launch the album with the "browse bar." The visitor can turn it off by clicking the "X" at the right side of the "browse bar."
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-Sep-2020 23:31   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

(Thread moved - this is not a Tiger question.)

Anders: Might be a nice option, to be able to disable the "browse bar" from a profile page, especially if it's in "porfolio" mode.
AnCa

Posted: 28-Sep-2020 18:52   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
Anders: Might be a nice option, to be able to disable the "browse bar" from a profile page, especially if it's in "porfolio" mode.
Yes, I hear you... There are a couple of global profile settings, like disable "browse bar", social buttons and mobile viewer that would be nice to have... Not too hard to implement either. I'll see what can be done.
AnCa

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 02:55   in response to: frankploegmakers in response to: frankploegmakers

frankploegmakers wrote:
But; the openenings page has still that bar. You can click it away but I would like to get rid of it at the start.
Is that possible?
I have now added the options to disable the "browse bar" and the social media buttons (and the mobile viewer). It's all done from the settings tab.
JeffTucker

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 03:00   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
I have now added the options to disable the "browse bar" and the social media buttons (and the mobile viewer). It's all done from the settings tab.

Bonus points! Excellent improvements. :)
AnCa

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 17:57   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
Bonus points! Excellent improvements. :)
Yeah... And they're all about removing "features". :)
JeffTucker

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 18:14   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Well, the "mobile view" isn't needed very often these days, since the major skins are all fully responsive.

I've noticed a lot of rendering errors with Tiger albums when the "browse bar" is active, like no thumbnails loading, or one row of thumbnails loading with oversized, empty boxes for captions below them. Not sure what the problem is, other than knowing that skins like Tiger really don't like being in iframes. In each case where I've seen a problem like that, closing the browse bar seemed to cure it.
RobM

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 20:51   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
Which takes precedence, the mobile viewer setting or the individual album setting?
AnCa

Posted: 01-Oct-2020 02:15   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
AnCa wrote:
Which takes precedence, the mobile viewer setting or the individual album setting?
The global setting just makes it possible at all to use the mobile viewer. If it is disabled it will never be used. If enabled the album setting and other factors are used to determine if it is used.

The album setting only disables the viewer. Unchecked it doesn't make the viewer to always be used.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums