This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Aug-2020 06:04 Last Post By: jimberry Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
2000yearphotos

How to change from Tiger to Turtle skin
Posted: 29-Aug-2020 20:17

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am currently using the Tiger skin. I am also a brand new user (two days). I would like to change the skin from Tiger to Turtle. Two questions.

1. Am I able to change a skin to another without losing any data I have in the first skin?

2. Turtle is not listed in the available skins. I have downloaded it to my hard drive but how do I put it in the list of available skins?

Thank you
Michael Dietz
MarkusD

Re: How to change from Tiger to Turtle skin
Posted: 29-Aug-2020 20:27   in response to: 2000yearphotos in response to: 2000yearphotos
Correct
2000yearphotos wrote:
I am currently using the Tiger skin. I am also a brand new user (two days). I would like to change the skin from Tiger to Turtle.
Please allow the question: why? Turtle is old, Tiger is new. This would be a step backwards. What are you missing in Tiger, which is in Turtle?
RobM

Posted: 29-Aug-2020 21:04   in response to: 2000yearphotos in response to: 2000yearphotos
Helpful
Turtle is not a responsive skin, Tiger is. Maybe reading this blog post will help you understand why Turtle is not recommended.

If you have Turtle skin downloaded as a ‘.jaskin’ file, just double click it, or whatever your OS ‘Open’ action is. If it is a ‘.zip’ file the unzip it and put the folder in jAlbum’s configuration folder. Link on how to do this
2000yearphotos

Posted: 30-Aug-2020 02:55   in response to: 2000yearphotos in response to: 2000yearphotos

Hello, Thank you for the replys. I did finally figure out how to download, install, and start to duplicate the album using Turtle. I then read the blog mentioned above and decided to abandon that aspect of the project. The main reason for the switch was to have been the initial screen which could have the links to all12 folders visible at once instead of going through two layers to get to the same folders.

Again thank you
Michael Dietz
jimberry

Posted: 30-Aug-2020 06:00   in response to: 2000yearphotos in response to: 2000yearphotos

2000yearphotos wrote:
The main reason for the switch was to have been the initial screen which could have the links to all12 folders visible at once instead of going through two layers to get to the same folders.
Tiger can have a navigation bar at the top with dropdown menus for all folders. This is on the initial screen but will not be visible when viewing individual images, however.
See sample Tiger album at
https://www.lazaworx.com/albums/Tiger/
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums