This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29 Aug 20, 02:05 Last Post By: jimberry Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
lgsvard

Show a picture on html pages created in the album
Posted: 25 Aug 20, 22:36

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If i make a https-link to a page outside the album I can put a picture on the link like a folder, but if i create a http page, it is not possible to put a picture on it, and it dont look that nice.
Should not be so hard to fix,
JeffTucker

Re: Show a picture on html pages created in the album
Posted: 26 Aug 20, 00:50   in response to: lgsvard in response to: lgsvard

I think we're going to need a little more information. It's not clear what you're referring to.

If you're talking about adding web locations to an album, you can either let jAlbum try to fetch an image from the site, or you can provide your own image. There are no limitations.
lgsvard

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 01:49   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Sorry, I am not clear!

I use jalbum for my travel photography and want to show pictures but also write travelstories on ordanary html pages. In Jalbum it is possible to show a picture on a folder and on links to webbpages on other sigt but if the htmp page is in jalbum it is not possible to show a picturs on it, you only see the name.

I still want to have the html pages in the album so it is in the meny system.

So it should be nice to see be able to show a picture on the html page in the same way as it works on a folder or external link
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 03:21   in response to: lgsvard in response to: lgsvard

Attachment webloc1.png (148.3 KB)
Attachment webloc2.png (5.4 KB)
Attachment webloc3.png (322.1 KB)
This is exactly what "web locations" are designed to do.

Create your travel story on a web page, and upload it to your web host.

Now, in your jAlbum project, right-click in the Explore view somewhere between thumbnails, and choose New page > Web location - Ny sida > Webbplats. See webloc1.png. In the address bar, enter the address of your travel story page - for testing, just enter https://misterneutron.com (a page of my own, just a placeholder). See webloc2.png. Then click Update - Uppdatera. jAlbum will try to extract an image to use from the page, but if it can't, or if you want to use another image, click the little "folder" icon and navigate to a JPG you want to use. See webloc3.png. Then OK, and make the album to see the result.
lgsvard

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 14:22   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes this work in a way... but you leave the jalbum and the meny system in the album.
If it where possible to make a html page with a iframe, in jalbum and show a picture on that so you can stay inside the same meny and make a better experiens.

It is on this page I would like to work but with pictures on the links:

https://www.imagesoftheworld.se/Travelstories/index.html
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 15:02   in response to: lgsvard in response to: lgsvard

Ah, I see.

In jAlbum terms, you want a template page like About.htt, Contact.htt, or Empty.htt (style and menu matching the skin, but content provided entirely by the user), but then have a thumbnail link to that page from the index page, rather than a text link to it.

I don't think there's any skin that currently does that. Perhaps some skin developer will get inspired, and implement it!
RobM

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 15:26   in response to: lgsvard in response to: lgsvard
Helpful
Instead of adding the pages to the subfolders with their existing names, rename them to ‘index.htt’. You will then get, in Travelstories, normal folder thumbnail images without the list of pages.

For example, Peru 2000, would have a thumbnail and clicking on it would take you to your custom page.
jimberry

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 16:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Helpful
I think another possibility might be to use a skin that includes a header.inc in which you would include the menu (possibly placing the menu in a small iframe so that you don't need to redo the whole album if you add one new page) and use the same header.inc in your custom pages.
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 17:04   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

A good thought - any skin that includes support for additional pages (like About.htt) already has a built-in mechanism for carrying its menu and styling over to an extra page, and that's usually all contained in header.inc.
jimberry

Posted: 26 Aug 20, 23:32   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

This is slightly off-topic - but that might even be a way of eliminating the need for the "Bridge" method for including jalbums in your WordPress sites.
I haven't used WP for ages but I believe it is now capable of using something like jAlbum's header.inc.
I think the idea is capable of being included with other types of pages like phpBB forums and maybe even wikis.
AndreWolff

Posted: 27 Aug 20, 08:49   in response to: lgsvard in response to: lgsvard

If I understand you well, there a 3 ways to accomplish your goal:

1. Modify your current home page: replace the text link by a picture link or add a picture beside your text link. This requires some html knowledge, which you apparently have.

2. As jGromit already suggests, replace your home page with jAlbums web-locations feature into an album of albums. To see an example go to the FancyBox sample page. Click on the 5th thumb and next click on the 'Ábout this album' menu item. You can tell your travel story in the 'Ábout this album' template page of the FancyBox skin,. You can also use the the FancyBox skin info page to tell your travel story. To see that clck the 7th thumbnail and next click the 2nd button from thr right side (the i-button), You can use now the new HTML editor to make your travel story page.

3. You can also make a top album with your albums in folders as you see here. Each folder contains a MoreInfo.html page which you can use to tell your travel story. Clicking the i-button will open that page.
jimberry

Posted: 29 Aug 20, 01:41   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
A good thought - any skin that includes support for additional pages (like About.htt) already has a built-in mechanism for carrying its menu and styling over to an extra page, and that's usually all contained in header.inc.

On closer inspection of the OP's sample album, it appears that the Tiger skin already provides the navigation bar at the top of the entry page, but not when displaying the individual images. My earlier suggestion would only work for skins that have separate slide pages.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums