This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30 Jul 20, 22:20 Last Post By: John-Simpson Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
John-Simpson

Make spelling top of the list!
Posted: 27 Jul 20, 12:03

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment 2020-07-27_LI.jpg (951.3 KB)
Right clicking on a misspelt word brings up spelling suggestions. Since the new HTML tag editor has been introduced the well used spelling checker is second in the list. Please can you put it top of the list?
davidekholm

Re: Make spelling top of the list!
Posted: 30 Jul 20, 20:39   in response to: John-Simpson in response to: John-Simpson

This is naturally doable, but the new html editor is using a totally different technology than the other text fields. It's JavaScript embedded in a web browser panel so we'd have to hunt for a JavaScript spell checker. Although those exists, before going that route we need to decide on the future of the html editor. It has received pretty much criticism here, mainly because it destroys some existing html tags the user may have added prior to invoking the new html editor.
JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Jul 20, 21:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Helpful
John isn't asking for spell checking in the editor. He just wants the spell checker to be the first thing on the context menu, instead of the second.

But this is a common refrain. People always want the things they use most often to be the easiest things to get to. "Why can't all the settings I always use be grouped on the same panel?" ;)
John-Simpson

Posted: 30 Jul 20, 22:13   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Jeff is quite correct, I just would like it putting back at the top of the drop-down list and the HTML editor demoted to second.

Believe it or not, I have found the spell checker incredibly useful and I think that it would be the same with other jAbum users.

The HTML Editor is a great idea too, but I don't think it will be as well used as the Spell Checker.
John-Simpson

Posted: 30 Jul 20, 22:18   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

See my comments above!

(I wasn't asking for that!)

BTW - I do like the Spell Checker, The HTML Editor , The Search Facility and the Details View. All very useful. Thank you.

Edited by: John-Simpson on 30-Jul-2020 21:19
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums