This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Jul-2020 23:26 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
nomadicmark

Uploading album to root doesn't work
Posted: 24-Jul-2020 11:01

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I just tried uploading a folder to the root of my Jalbum folder (hosted at jalbum.net).

During upload I selected the advanced button, then on the root.

I can see the files successfully uploaded, but my Jalbum root.

I have also tried uploading a re-direct html as per the help guide, but this doesn't work either.

Is this functionality only for custom domains? I haven't had a chance to work out how to update my CNAME

Thanks,
JeffTucker

Re: Uploading album to root doesn't work
Posted: 24-Jul-2020 12:29   in response to: nomadicmark in response to: nomadicmark

The only way to replace the default profile page is to have your own registered domain, and to direct it to your jalbum.net hosting space - this requires changing the CNAME. Once that has been accomplished, then you can upload an album to the root of your jalbum.net account in order to replace the profile page.

(The help page could use a little clarification - I'll do some editing.)
nomadicmark

Posted: 25-Jul-2020 23:07   in response to: nomadicmark in response to: nomadicmark

Wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer. I changed the CNAME successfully and it's working a treat. Thanks!
JeffTucker

Posted: 25-Jul-2020 23:26   in response to: nomadicmark in response to: nomadicmark

You're welcome. :)

Sometimes it's tough to get all your ducks in a row, but once you do....
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums