This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23 Jul 20, 19:25 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
SharpByCoop

Album error completing: missing subdirectories and search.
Posted: 23 Jul 20, 18:38

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Longtime user. I have a VERY large photo gallery online and it's crucial to me and my clients. Over 10,000 images.

http://www.knifegallery.com/index.html

I am using Tiger, and have Jalbum 21, Pro user license.

I added files and new subdirectory album(s) and created jalbum as I have always done. Then upload....

Now it's rewriting the COMPLETE album each time (takes about an hour), and then gives me an error code just at completion.

I have tried 4-5 times and even reinstalled jalbum in case.

The new album I added will not view (Summer 2020) has a red warning error code and the search function will not work.

Below is captured error log:

info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSException: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 150 Accepted data connection
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.put(FtpAdapter.java:389)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.put(RemoteFSBean.java:400)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean$RemoteFSHandler.invoke(RemoteFSBean.java:516)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.put(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumManifest.write(AlbumManifest.java:127)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.UploadBean.uploadAlbum(UploadBean.java:752)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep$19.run(JPublishWizard.java:2045)
Caused by: com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPException: 150 Accepted data connection
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.validateReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1330)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.createDataSocketPASV(FTPControlSocket.java:877)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.createDataSocket(FTPControlSocket.java:632)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.createDataSocket(FTPClient.java:2756)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.initPut(FTPClient.java:2819)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.putData(FTPClient.java:2916)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.putStream(FTPClient.java:2623)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2497)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2562)
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.put(FtpAdapter.java:383)
... 10 more

Help me out. I have a very good internet connection.

Thank you.

Jim Cooper

Edited by: SharpByCoop on 23-Jul-2020 18:39
JeffTucker

Re: Album error completing: missing subdirectories and search.
Posted: 23 Jul 20, 19:01   in response to: SharpByCoop in response to: SharpByCoop

Looking at your album online, I see only one entry for Summer 2020:

http://www.knifegallery.com/2020%20Studio/Summer/

And that one is working just fine. I haven't seen a red warning anywhere else, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

The error message suggests that it's failing only to write out the manifest.jmf file, which is the last thing it does after it's uploaded everything else. That file isn't needed for the album, but it's what makes subsequent uploads much faster.

I would try a couple of things. First, connect to your hosting account and delete the manifest.jmf file. Then try the upload again.

The other thing I would try (perhaps at the same time) is to switch to secure uploading, which is often more robust, if you're not already using it. I believe you use Inmotion hosting. If so, you can change your uploading profile in jAlbum to use SFTP on port 2222 (you have to click the Advanced button to get to the spot where you can enter the port number).
SharpByCoop

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 19:22   in response to: SharpByCoop in response to: SharpByCoop

Well... thank you. @jgromit

Now I must not have refreshed my browser cache hard enough, because NOW it is loading correctly and looks fine. Your link brought me to the page which HAD the red warning flag.

Search now works as well. It didn't an hour ago, but I had an old page load, I guess.

Whodathunk.

I use webhostinghub as my host. They have been good, if this makes a difference. Not sure about 'Inmotion'.

I will save your notes and do as told to ensure this doesn't happen again. Right now it's OK.

Thank you.

Jim

Edited by: SharpByCoop on 23-Jul-2020 19:23
JeffTucker

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 19:25   in response to: SharpByCoop in response to: SharpByCoop

I had a suspicion it was a stubborn browser cache, and should have mentioned it sooner.

Before the next time you're ready to upload a bunch of new stuff, you should try the two fixes. I had weird problems on my otherwise-excellent host using regular FTP (both inside jAlbum and with FileZilla), and switching to SFTP magically cured all of it. And once I got a "clean" manifest file successfully uploaded, subsequent uploads have been like lightning.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums