This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Jul-2020 18:07 Last Post By: kilobravo Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
kilobravo

Lost Image Custom Sort
Posted: 23-Jul-2020 15:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
JA: I couldn't find another post related to this question but I tried.

I couldn't get by without your software, BTW, it has been the answer to a 20-year photo management problem. <smile> So, THANK YOU!

Anyway...when I opened it this morning to add some images to one of the galleries, the default gallery's sort looked like "unsorted." Now, there are about 200 images in that gallery (7000+ total,) and re-sorting them manually is pretty much out of the question as it would take a very long time.

I didn't do anything knowing I had a lifeboat file but unsure what to restore. Is there a thread for this somewhere here that I missed? It's just not something I've ever had to do with JA and I have too much time involved with these photos to screw things up.

Tiger is the skin, BTW and any suggestions would be much appreciated and TIA.
kilobravo

Re: Lost Image Custom Sort
Posted: 23-Jul-2020 15:31   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

Disregard. I crossed my fingers and restarted JA...all is well. <whew> Sorry for the post.
JeffTucker

Posted: 23-Jul-2020 15:38   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

Not sure how that could happen, but if they're sorted the way you want them on the web site, the lifeboat file can rescue things. Download lifeboat.zip from the server and unzip it somewhere not within the project directory, like maybe in your Downloads folder.

Now take a look at the files. In each folder, there will be a .jalbum folder, and inside that, an albumfiles.txt file. That's the file that lists all of the images in that folder, in the order you want them. There will also be a meta.properties file (it's also just a simple text file, despite its extension) that will contain an indication of the kind of sorting used (like "custom").

So, for a given folder in the project, if you copy those two files from the unzipped lifeboat into the .jalbum folder within the project, you should be back to where you were. Just be very careful you don't copy the files from one folder to a different folder, or things will get very messy, very fast. Take your time and double-check what you're doing.

Your added images won't show up - you'll need to add them again.
JeffTucker

Posted: 23-Jul-2020 15:39   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Leaving my answer, since it might get someone else out of hot water in the future!
RobM

Posted: 23-Jul-2020 15:53   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

kilobravo

Posted: 23-Jul-2020 16:10   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks, Rob..I've bookmarked the threads...really appreciate it.

KB
RobM

Posted: 23-Jul-2020 16:38   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

I have been building an A-Z glossary to make finding such things easier, Here is a single reference to bookmark
kilobravo

Posted: 23-Jul-2020 18:07   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thank you much, Rob!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums