This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-Jul-2020 21:18 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
arne-T

Saturn: Theme image not uploaded when "banner title bar"clicked
Posted: 06-Jul-2020 00:14

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is probably another case of my failure to read the instructions. However I am stuck. Theme images upload properly when the "banner title bar" box is not clicked. However they do not upload when the box is clicked.

Unfortunately this is not always the case. For example it works as expected in my test site
http://www.thesen.org/Test/
jGromit

Re: Saturn: Theme image not uploaded when "banner title bar"clicked
Posted: 06-Jul-2020 00:24   in response to: arne-T in response to: arne-T

arne-T wrote:
Theme images upload properly when the "banner title bar" box is not clicked. However they do not upload when the box is clicked.

I'm sorry, but this is utterly impossible. Remember, the skin creates the album, based on your settings choices. At that point, its job is done. The skin is not involved in uploading in any way, shape, or form. The upload is just a mechanical copying of files from one computer to another, and the skin plays no role in that.

So, if the album previews correctly, any subsequent problems are not the responsibility of the skin. Does the local preview look OK? If it does, but the album looks wrong when viewed from the server, that can only mean that you're not refreshing your browser cache, or you're not uploading all of the files that need to be uploaded.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Jul-2020 00:25   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Helpful
And BTW, a link to a test album that works properly is not really helpful. What I need is a link to an album that doesn't work properly!

ETA: What I'm seeing on your site are different time stamps on different folders. Do not, I repeat, do not tell jAlbum to process only updated subdirectories. All of the folders/subdirectories share a single CSS file. When you change settings, all of the folders/subdirectories must be processed again. No need to regenerate the images, so don't bother with Force Remake - that's not the issue here. A regular Make Album is just fine, but it has to hit all of the folders, not just the updated ones.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Jul-2020 02:03   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Helpful
Attachment ss007607.png (20.9 KB)
Attached is what I'm seeing in your project settings. This is virtually guaranteed to produce a mess.

Here's what it should look like:

jGromit

Posted: 06-Jul-2020 02:09   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment ss007608.png (14.9 KB)
And delete this stuff. Not applicable to this skin.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Jul-2020 02:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment ss007609.png (27.1 KB)
And change the border style to solid. Beveled borders aren't really visible unless they're at least 6px wide.
arne-T

Posted: 06-Jul-2020 23:16   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yes I understand. I chose beveled to get a gray border. One pixel wide is just fine. Saves me from trying to find the css code to change the border color.
jGromit

Posted: 06-Jul-2020 23:38   in response to: arne-T in response to: arne-T

The quick way to handle that is to choose the Custom style, base the custom style on Smoke (the first drop-down box on the Custom settings tab), then change the border color and the border hover color.

The grays are the easy ones, of course, from very light gray, #eeeeee, to a medium gray, #cccccc (I use that one a lot), to darker, #999999, and so on, down to almost black, #111111.
arne-T

Posted: 07-Jul-2020 20:29   in response to: arne-T in response to: arne-T

Gromit. Thank you for your help and patience. I never explored the 'custom" option. Very elegant!

I have tested a large number of jAlbum and WordPress skins. For my needs Saturn is by far the best. Very simple and user friendly interface providing almost all the features I need. My only hack has been to left justify the text in the theme image. Also the user support is amazing.

Again, thank you.
jGromit

Posted: 07-Jul-2020 21:18   in response to: arne-T in response to: arne-T

Thank you!

I often end up using the Custom style because I want to use one of the preset styles, but I want to change just one thing, like a border color. Easier than messing with custom CSS. It also lets you see exactly what colors the preset styles are using, without having to go rummaging around in the skin template files.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums