This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Jun 20, 16:45 Last Post By: PHJones Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
PHJones

Jupiter and PDFs
Posted: 15 Jun 20, 17:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
In the sample Albums there is one with PDF, how do you go about entering a PDF file to display, I can't seem to find an answer in the manual, any help gratefully received.
JeffTucker

Re: Jupiter and PDFs
Posted: 15 Jun 20, 18:42   in response to: PHJones in response to: PHJones

Just add the PDF file to the project, the same way you would add an image or a video - click the Add button in the jAlbum Explore view and navigate to the PDF file, or click and drag the PDF into the jAlbum window.

Be aware that the PDF will not display when you do a local preview - you'll get an empty frame with an error message. The PDF will display only when you view the album from a server.

To get the thumbnail to display an image, rather than just a generic PDF icon, use the standard jAlbum trick of adding a THM file along with the PDF. So, if your PDF is mydog.pdf, choose a JPG that you want to use to represent it (outside of jAlbum), and rename it mydog.thm. Then add mydog.pdf and mydog.thm to the project at the same time.
PHJones

Posted: 16 Jun 20, 12:22   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks for your help, in my album https://phjones.jalbum.net/My%20Albums/index.html I have added a PDF o/k under Album Information. Is there any way add text i.e About Me under the displayed Icon?

Edited by: PHJones on 16-Jun-2020 11:45

Edited by: PHJones on 16-Jun-2020 11:57
JeffTucker

Posted: 16 Jun 20, 14:18   in response to: PHJones in response to: PHJones

Attachment exploreTitle.png (122.5 KB)
Attachment jupiterTitle.png (19.8 KB)
Tricky. You could enter a comment for it, and tell the skin to display comments with thumbnails, but that would show your entered comments on all of the thumbnails, not just this one, which isn't what you're after.

Poking around your album, I'm guessing that you haven't entered any titles for the other images in the album. If that's true, you could enter a title for just this one object (see exploreTitle.png), and then tell the skin to display the title under the image thumbnails, but not to use the file name if there's no title (see jupiterTitle.png).
PHJones

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 16:45   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks very much that is exactly how I wanted it.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums