This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Jun-2020 00:04 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
arne-T

Delete files from jAlbum net?
Posted: 14-Jun-2020 23:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have somehow managed to upload 360 files to jAlbum.net. I do not use these file. In fact I do not know how they got there. I know how to delete them one at a time. However that is not going to work. So, I have two questions:

1. How do I prevent my uploads to www.thesen.org to be copied to jAlbum.net?
2. How do I delete all of these files wit a few simple keystrokes?
Thanks

Edited by: arne-T on 14-Jun-2020 23:59
RobM

Re: Delete files from jAlbum net?
Posted: 15-Jun-2020 00:21   in response to: arne-T in response to: arne-T

In jAlbum, click on the triangle next to Upload and select Upload/Manage
Select your jAlbum account and then select the folder contains the unwanted files. Now click on the trash/wastebasket, fourth icon from the left.

When uploading check the upload location before clicking OK to do the actual upload. If it points to jAlbum then cancel the upload and correct the path, then save the project.
arne-T

Posted: 15-Jun-2020 01:14   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks. That worked. I am now down to 339 files

Edited by: arne-T on 15-Jun-2020 01:16
JeffTucker

Posted: 15-Jun-2020 23:53   in response to: arne-T in response to: arne-T

To be clear, you albums aren't being uploaded to jalbum.net. They're being uploaded only to your own web host. But I'm puzzled - you appear to be paying for premium storage on jalbum.net, but you're not using it for anything. You should just have a standard license, with no storage.

Your older albums are listed on your profile page, but that doesn't mean they're hosted on jalbum.net. And it appears to be only albums that are several years old (if they even exist - most of them seem to produce a "not found" message). If they're not listed on your profile page, of course, jAlbum widgets won't work, so if you want to use widgets, the albums have to be listed here, no matter where they're actually hosted.

When it comes to getting rid of the listing thumbnails, if you want to kill all of them, I'd suggest contacting jAlbum support. I don't think there's any way for a user to delete them other than one-at-a-time, but I'm sure Anders could kill them all off very quickly. Anders can probably also straighten out your licensing status.
JeffTucker

Posted: 16-Jun-2020 00:04   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Helpful
And BTW, if you want to avoid having your uploaded albums appear on your profile page here, just sign out of the jAlbum application, and leave yourself signed out (upper right corner). I'm not talking about signing out from this website - I'm talking about signing out from the desktop application. Once your license is validated, there's no reason to remain signed in.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums