This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Aug-2020 22:53 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Can't close jAlbum
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 12:13

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sometimes it is not possible to close jAlbum, because the 'Save settings' modal window is behind the Explorer window, see screen-shot.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this, but I have seen it several times.

Windows 10 and jAlbum 20.1
davidekholm

Re: Can't close jAlbum
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 12:19   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thanks for reporting. We'll keep an eye on it, but these hard-to-reproduce errors are as hard to fix.
AndreWolff

Posted: 08-Jun-2020 15:36   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I can reproduce it now:

I use Windows 10 with my Desktop distributed over two monitor screens.
If have the skin settings window is on the left screen and the Explorer window on the right screen, see enclosed screenshot.
If I change now a checkmark in the skin settings on the left screen and next close jAlbum with the close button in the upper right corner of the Explorer window on the right screen, jAlbum hangs, probably with a hidden 'Save settings?' window.
davidekholm

Posted: 06-Aug-2020 22:53   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Sorry to hear that. I also think this has to do with window modality. Way back (Java 8), window modality was tight in Java, but since then we've had various issues with managing window modality when there are more than 2 windows involved, especially on Mac. This is probably something we should file a bug report to Oracle about.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums