This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 16 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 06-Aug-2020 20:54 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Larger edit box for the album description
Posted: 31-May-2020 11:01

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jAlbumExplorer.PNG (430,4 KB)
If you have a large album description, like in my Algarve album it is difficult to get a good survey of all text while you are editing, because with the current implementation there are only 4 short lines visible, see the attached screen shot.

It would be nice if an edit button could be added which opens a large new modal window where the album description can be edited.
davidekholm

Re: Larger edit box for the album description
Posted: 01-Jun-2020 12:07   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Noted
AndreWolff

Posted: 01-Jun-2020 13:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

And it would be nice if the spelling checker would be active in such a window.
JeffTucker

Posted: 01-Jun-2020 14:09   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The spell checker is active in that window.

And there's more space available at Settings > General > Album description.
AndreWolff

Posted: 01-Jun-2020 15:31   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Attachment jAlbumExplorer.PNG (227,4 KB)
jGromit wrote:
The spell checker is active in that window.
I see indeed a red dotted line under a misspelt word, but I don't see a list of possible correct words. And if I check the same text in OpenOffice, you see that that these words are correctly. So the performance of the spelling checker is very low.
And there's more space available at Settings > General > Album description.
No the space is exactly the same, just 4 lines and you can get the same width in the Explorer bij shifting the divider to the left, see screen shot.
JeffTucker

Posted: 01-Jun-2020 15:40   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Attachment spelling.png (37,9 KB)
Attachment fieldsize.png (69,1 KB)
AndreWolff wrote:
I see indeed a red dotted line under a misspelt word, but I don't see a list of possible correct words.

See screenshot. It's the same in every field.

And if I check the same text in OpenOffice, you see that that these words are correctly.

The spell checker in jAlbum is not using the same dictionary as OpenOffice. Add the words to your personal dictionary

No the space is exactly the same, just 4 lines and you can get the same width in the Explorer bij shifting the divider to the left, see screen shot.

No, you can get a much wider field in the General settings. See screenshot.
AndreWolff

Posted: 01-Jun-2020 15:53   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
For the so called misspeld Dutch word 'tijdsvolgorde' I see there no such a list, only an entry Add to the dictionarry (in Dutch).
No, you can get a much wider field in the General settings. See screenshot.
There is no sinificant difference in width, but the height is more important and that is the same.

It would also be nice if the text could be displayed as you would see it in the final album, so with a preview button, it should show the text as it is processed by the browser.
RobM

Posted: 01-Jun-2020 18:07   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
jGromit wrote:
For the so called misspeld Dutch word 'tijdsvolgorde' I see there no such a list, only an entry Add to the dictionarry (in Dutch).
See https://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Explore#Spell_check
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Jul-2020 15:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
It would be nice if an edit button could be added which opens a large new modal window where the album description can be edited.
Implemented in version 21 as the html editor, thanks!

Correction: this works only if the album description contains no html text, see here.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 17-Jul-2020 23:06
JeffTucker

Posted: 17-Jul-2020 16:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Attachment visibletags.png (806,7 KB)
Try putting your own HTML tags around some text in the new HTML editor. In short, you can use the icons in the editor, but you can't provide any other HTML tags or styling.

And I know what it's doing. If it encounters any brackets in the text, like < or >, it turns them into HTML entities. So, they just end up being displayed in the album. The result will be something like the attached screenshot.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Jul-2020 16:22   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I am on holidays, so I have no time to test the html editor, but what you show here is a bug in the html editor, old tags should not be changed!
JeffTucker

Posted: 17-Jul-2020 16:27   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

This wasn't even an "old tag" - this was me just trying to enter an HTML tag in the HTML editor. Who would think that an HTML editor wouldn't let you enter any HTML tags?
davidekholm

Posted: 19-Jul-2020 11:43   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I agree this is very bad. We'll try to reach out to the makers of this component (https://quilljs.com/). You may actually do the same too
davidekholm

Posted: 19-Jul-2020 11:46   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Do you know specifically what html tags that gets converted like that? I tried manually writing this comment, then entered the html editor:
Hiking with <a href="http://jalbum.net">Elsa</a>
. That didn't mangle my own html link.
JeffTucker

Posted: 19-Jul-2020 13:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Very tough to sort out. What I'm seeing with comments with existing HTML is that the editor is "paragraphing" everything, so maybe if that can be shut off, it would minimize the problems. Example - if the comment is this:
A comment with a <a href="http://example.com">link</a> in it.
A comment with some <span style="color: red;">styling</span> in it.
Invoking the editor yields this:
<p>A comment with a </p><p><a href="http://example.com">link</a></p><p> in it.A comment with some </p><p><span style="color: red;">styling</span></p><p> in it.</p>
But other times, it removes the line feeds and adds closing </li> tags, which are not required in HTML5. If the comment is this:
This is a list:
<ul>
<li>Thing 1
<li>Thing 2
<li> Thing 3
</ul>
Invoking the editor yields this:
This is a list:<ul><li>Thing 1</li><li>Thing 2</li><li> Thing 3</li></ul>
The "entity replacement" happens if you try to enter your own HTML tags while you're in the editor.

You know my favorite expression: "Don't do me any favors!" :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums