Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.



Permlink Replies: 29 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 05-Jun-2020 15:33 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 29-May-2020 08:14   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
I'll add a warning dialogue that also offers to convert the link to a copy.
It's not hard to edit copies already though:
  • Add the page using the "Add" button like before
  • Right click the page and select "Convert link to copy"
  • Right click the copy and select "Edit"
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 15:20   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I've now packaged a new beta of jAlbum 20.2. This beta now also includes a new cool feature: "Group by calendar". This function allows you to point out an .ics/.ical calendar file that jAlbum will use to match your album objects to. This is great for anyone who keeps track of their whereabouts using a calendar and quickly wish to group images based on calendar items. It's also great for photo schools that have recurring weekly subjects they wish to map photos to. "Group by Calendar" can also tag your images based on matching events. It finally also handles nested events, which results in nested folder structures.

This version adds a warning dialogue when attempting to edit a skin file via a link. It also allows skins to update copies of template files, but stores backup copies next to the updated template files (Laza stresses just how many issues we have with users moving from Turtle to Tiger and receiving errors due to stale template files).

Installers:
Windows: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum-install.exe
Mac: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum.dmg
Any system: http://jalbum.net/download/jAlbum.zip
ronvanrossum

Posts: 58
Registered: 16-Jul-2014
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 15:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
This function allows you to point out an .ical calendar file that jAlbum will use

In the language file to translate it says .ics files. Which is it?

Ron
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 17:32   in response to: ronvanrossum in response to: ronvanrossum
ronvanrossum wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
This function allows you to point out an .ical calendar file that jAlbum will use

In the language file to translate it says .ics files. Which is it?

Ron


It should actually support both formats, but I've only been testing with .ics files.
JeffTucker

Posts: 6,962
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 20:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Maybe the text should be just Select calendar file, without getting specific about the file extension. Can it also handle .ifb and .icalendar? I believe the file formats are all the same, and those four extensions pretty much cover the waterfront.
RobM

Posts: 3,255
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 21:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I've now packaged a new beta of jAlbum 20.2. This beta now also includes a new cool feature: "Group by calendar". This function allows you to point out an .ics/.ical calendar file that jAlbum will use to match your album objects to. This is great for anyone who keeps track of their whereabouts using a calendar and quickly wish to group images based on calendar items. It's also great for photo schools that have recurring weekly subjects they wish to map photos to. "Group by Calendar" can also tag your images based on matching events. It finally also handles nested events, which results in nested folder structures.
Tried it with a file exported from BusyCal, using the .ics file extension and it works well, with the name of the event being added to the keyword field.
RobM

Posts: 3,255
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 21:23   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Whilst trying this feature out I have been doing an Organise by calendar followed by a Flatten. Occasionally, on flattening, I get an error like
For file /Users/robert/My Albums/iPad Camera/At Home with the Kids/IMG_0555.JPG
java.io.IOException: File object must reference a file
	at com.drew.metadata.file.FileSystemMetadataReader.read(FileSystemMetadataReader.java:34)
	at com.drew.imaging.ImageMetadataReader.readMetadata(ImageMetadataReader.java:209)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectMetadata.<init>(AlbumObjectMetadata.java:39)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectMetadata.getInstance(AlbumObjectMetadata.java:26)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getMetadata(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1296)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.readEmbeddedThumbnail(AlbumObjectImpl.java:2012)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.doGetRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1960)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1862)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1832)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1815)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JAlbumObject.lambda$render$0(JAlbumObject.java:296)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
The error is reported for different images, not just the one shown above.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 22:52   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
Maybe the text should be just Select calendar file, without getting specific about the file extension. Can it also handle .ifb and .icalendar? I believe the file formats are all the same, and those four extensions pretty much cover the waterfront.

I don't know about "ifb", but "ical" should work. Is "icalendar" perhaps a synonym for "ical"? Can you test with an ".icalendar" file?
JeffTucker

Posts: 6,962
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 03-Jun-2020 23:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Sorry, but I don't have any such files. I just Googled for "calendar file extensions," and those four are listed, with information that they're all just simple text files. Looks like they're all the same, with only subtle variations (like an .ifb file, which makes some distinction between free and busy time).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 10:56   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
Sorry, but I don't have any such files. I just Googled for "calendar file extensions," and those four are listed, with information that they're all just simple text files. Looks like they're all the same, with only subtle variations (like an .ifb file, which makes some distinction between free and busy time).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar


Ok, I've added those 4 to the file filtering.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 12:08   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Whilst trying this feature out I have been doing an Organise by calendar followed by a Flatten. Occasionally, on flattening, I get an error like
For file /Users/robert/My Albums/iPad Camera/At Home with the Kids/IMG_0555.JPG
java.io.IOException: File object must reference a file
	at com.drew.metadata.file.FileSystemMetadataReader.read(FileSystemMetadataReader.java:34)
	at com.drew.imaging.ImageMetadataReader.readMetadata(ImageMetadataReader.java:209)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectMetadata.<init>(AlbumObjectMetadata.java:39)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectMetadata.getInstance(AlbumObjectMetadata.java:26)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getMetadata(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1296)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.readEmbeddedThumbnail(AlbumObjectImpl.java:2012)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.doGetRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1960)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1862)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1832)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumObjectImpl.getRepresentingIcon(AlbumObjectImpl.java:1815)
	at se.datadosen.explorer.JAlbumObject.lambda$render$0(JAlbumObject.java:296)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
The error is reported for different images, not just the one shown above.

Thanks for reporting. I think I've nailed that one now: http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar

JeffTucker

Posts: 6,962
Registered: 31-Jan-2006
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 12:26   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Ok, I've added those 4 to the file filtering.

It will probably have to be "fix on fail" - wait for a user to try the one that sounds like it might be the "odd man out," the .ifb file, and then see what happens.
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 15:20   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
Sounds good.
RobM

Posts: 3,255
Registered: 4-Aug-2006
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 04-Jun-2020 18:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
RobM wrote:
Whilst trying this feature out I have been doing an Organise by calendar followed by a Flatten. Occasionally, on flattening, I get an error likeā€¦
Thanks for reporting. I think I've nailed that one now: http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar
No longer getting the error :)
davidekholm

Posts: 3,312
Registered: 18-Oct-2002
Re: jAlbum 20.2 for testing
Posted: 05-Jun-2020 13:17   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Good. jAlbum 20.2 is now officially released. See https://jalbum.net/software/release-notes
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums