This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 76 - Pages: 6 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 02-Oct-2020 20:52 Last Post By: PeterGibb Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
PeterGibb

Re: Uploading Multiple Albums - In One Go!
Posted: 10-Sep-2020 20:09   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Ahhh, Thank you

I looked all the lists, twice, and that one hadn't 'registered'...

Regards, Peter
PeterGibb

Posted: 10-Sep-2020 20:13   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Ps, I really have to say, this Batch Upload tool is frighteningly good!

Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 14-Sep-2020 13:23   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Good that you like it. Now, far more users will discover it too :-)
PeterGibb

Posted: 17-Sep-2020 05:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Its good to see this little tool is now residing as an option under the 'Make Album' menu at the bottom left of the jAlbum screen.

So there's no need to 'go and find it' anymore, its very very fast and perfect for albums that exist already.

The entire process has been well thought out.

Thank You

Regards, Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 17-Sep-2020 15:48   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Happy to hear this from you Peter. Enjoy!
PeterGibb

Posted: 17-Sep-2020 20:29   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Yes, it helps me a huge amount and was well worth doing.

I guess all your users have differing requirements, I wrote/put together my small website 10's of years ago so maintenance is something I have to take care of, new photos appear and with jAlbum I add them to relevant and sometimes very old albums, not that often now but when I do, it's nice to use this tool as it's sooo fast, it doesn't ask any questions and just gets on with it.

Am in the second week of my retirement now, I am not a bells and whistles type of person software wise and I am enjoying very much being out on my bicycle in the area I was born.. It's a beautiful place and we have some amazing things to see. It goes back to the 12th century and I am fortunate now to be able to wander at will and also do some fishing at beautiful lakes here in the Weald of Kent.
In fact today, bizarrely, I was thinking of the time Elisabeth Taylor came and spoke to me outside the pub she was staying in when she was making Anne of a Thousand days, stunning is an understatement and she certainly left an impression on me!

Maybe in those days, the outside world was more important to the majority than it is now.

All this is probably completely irrelevant and I apologise, maybe I am just reminiscing a bit due to my time in life, but I cannot thank you and your team enough, jAlbum is without doubt an incredible piece of software that has had a huge amount of time and effort put into it.

The end result just speaks for itself, astonishing!

Am off out now to sit on a stile in a field next to a very large pond, gaze up at the stars and listen for a certain species of Bat...

Well Done everybody

Kind Regards, Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 17-Sep-2020 20:45   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Enjoyable reading nevertheless :-) You enjoy life and nature I can hear and that's a good thing. Life's wonderful, albeit the problems.
PeterGibb

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 18:21   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I just thought I might post up, the multiple upload feature is an outstanding
little idea that works sooo well.

However, its worth being on the ball, as sometimes when you go back and use
the standard upload facility the target directory is the wrong one for the album
you happen to be uploading.

It seems that the final target left over from a multiple upload prior to using the
standard upload procedure is not forgotten....

Closing the Multi Maker window and opening another album, making it and then using the standard upload routine can have the wrong target selected on the server...

Navigating to the correct directory of course sorts the issue out but if you are not concentrating the slick jAlbum routines can have you just getting on with it and ending up overwriting another album.

So be aware !

That said, the Multi Maker is just so ridiculously good I am using it all the time, but it
can lead to problems if you are not careful

Regards, Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 18:28   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Thanks for your feedback Peter, but I don't get it. There should be no "contamination" on targets for uploads between projects, unless you're using multiple project files for the same folder structure. Ensure that each project has a unique folder structure (a unique root image directory to be specific)
PeterGibb

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 18:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I dont think I am, am not sure what you mean.

I create an album and fill it with photos then make it and upload.

Non of the albums are linked, they are just created one at a time.

I shall try to make a note of what happens and grab screenshots so that
I might be able to give you a step by step situation that leads to the 'event',
so to speak.

My albums dont share anything either, as far as I am aware anyway, I'm not doing
anything remotely clever. I just create a new one and thats it really.

But knickers have been getting thoroughly twisted sometimes and its caught me out

I shall try and be more specific

Regards, Peter
PeterGibb

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 19:38   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Well, I cannot reproduce it at the moment, but I had a thought, can albums get the target data wrong somehow and save it in their data files, so when being opened at a later date the album name is obviously correct but the saved details of the target directory are incorrect, so when I upload, the target is shown to be wrong.

This situation has very definitely happened quite a few times.

Is it possible for albums to somehow get their wires crossed and have situations like that ?

I have been using Multi maker for uploading several batches of files, usually about 8,
could it be just coincidence that I then opened an album that has the wrong target directory stored in its file and that its nothing to do with the Multi maker ?

When this happens it seems to always be after using Multi maker, but I guess that doesn't mean its caused by it.

It definitely is a situation I cannot ignore as it happens many times.

I do not faff with albums once they are made, I dont change anything at all, album name or anything, the only thing I do to albums once they are made and uploaded is to sometimes delete them for whatever reason, the entire project

I shall try to catch it when it happens again and write down what I was doing

Regards, Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 30-Sep-2020 23:14   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

I notice some inconsistencies too. Going to investigate this further...
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Oct-2020 20:17   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Please execute the following code snippet inside the upper panel of jAlbum's system console (F7):
for (ap : window.albumExplorer.albumManager.projects) {
    if (ap.rootFolder) {
        var p = ap.rootFolder.properties;
        print ap.name;
        if (p["accountProfileName"]) {
            print " -> ${p["accountProfileName"]} / ${p["remotePath"]}";
        }
        println ""
    }
}
It will print each project and where the uploader attempts to upload it. This will help you discover incorrect upload paths quickly. What you see to the right of the -> sign is the account profile name followed by " / " and the remote directory on the server where jAlbum will try to upload that album.

To correct any incorrect upload targets, open the relevant project and upload it manually again to the correct location. jAlbum should now remember this for that respective project. You can execute this snippet again to verify that your changes are permanent.
PeterGibb

Posted: 02-Oct-2020 20:36   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Ohh Heaven's.... Crikey!....

I copied the code and put it into the window at the top of the system console.

I then clicked on 'Evaluate'... Is that the right thing to do ?

All the listed albums are showing their destination directory to be correct.

Am I on the right track here ?

I shall use this in future before I upload, to make sure/check that albums are going to go where they should.

Thank You David

Peter
davidekholm

Posted: 02-Oct-2020 20:38   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

You're welcome Peter. If all looks fine now, then I assume you won't be experiencing uploads to the wrong folder using the Multi maker anymore. If it happens anyway, let me know!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums