This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 76 - Pages: 6 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 02-Oct-2020 20:52 Last Post By: PeterGibb Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Re: Uploading Multiple Albums - In One Go!
Posted: 27-May-2020 10:57   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I wonder if a recent change in the upload code might be involved.
davidekholm

Posted: 27-May-2020 12:38   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hi Peter,
Sorry about this nullpointer exception. We need more debug info to pinpoint what's causing it. Put the attached file inside jAlbum's "tools" folder, thereby replacing the existing file there. Now try making and uploading albums in batch again. When you get a nullpointer exception this time, a triangle should show in jAlbum's lower right corner. Click it to reveal the full error details (aka "Stack trace"), and pass those details to me here.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 13:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

When something like this happens, the question should always be, "what's different about the project that fails?" Take a look, for example, at the settings under Settings > Advanced > General. Are the settings on the failing project different from the others?
PeterGibb

Posted: 27-May-2020 14:16   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thankyou David I shall do this now.

One of the things I do with my projects, there are many that are in groups relating to events and gatherings, is to import the settings from the relevant set so I can have a consistent look and feel and also use any common links or themes that run through various album groups, so almost all are very very similar, but I take that on board and shall have a look.

Meanwhile I shall do as David has requested and hopefully see something...

Regards, Peter
PeterGibb

Posted: 27-May-2020 14:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I have downloaded the file and overwritten the existing one, I then opened three albums then made and uploaded them.

I got the null pointer exception.

No triangles can be seen anywhere though.

I have left jAlbum sitting and shall leave it like that so nothing changes.

I attach a screen shot of my entire screen

Regards, Peter
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 14:41   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Just a hunch, based on an odd coincidence. I notice that the album that's failing to upload also happens to be open in the main Explore window. Try closing the project, then do the batch routine again.
PeterGibb

Posted: 27-May-2020 14:50   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Okeydoke.... Done

Same result, I attach another screenshot

Regards, Peter
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 14:51   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

Well, it was a decent guess. ;)

Thanks for checking.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 15:14   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I've been digging into the settings files for the uploads that fail vs. the ones that succeed, and I think I'm onto something.

Here's what I think I'm seeing. On the projects where it fails, the uploading account profile is MM. On the ones where it succeeds, it's New account.

So, open one of the failing projects, like GP-MK1. On the big Upload button at lower left, click the down arrow, and see which account is selected. If it's MM, try changing it to New account, or vice-versa. Save the project. Now try the batch mode again.

If I'm right about this, there's no need to fix all of the "wrong account" projects. Instead, you just need to go into Upload/Manage, and make the "bad" account profile settings match, exactly, the "good" account profile settings.
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 15:16   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

In fact, I'll stick my neck out a bit more. I'm guessing that if you pull up Upload/Manage, there is no MM account listed at all. ;)
PeterGibb

Posted: 27-May-2020 15:21   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Well, you did ask...

Yup!
JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 15:45   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

OK, I think I understand what's happening here, though it's tough to sort out. Some of your projects were saved with an uploading account of MM, but others were saved with an uploading account of New account.

When you're dealing with a project in the normal way, and you hit Upload, there's no problem. If the saved account name doesn't exist, the upload routine just uses the next one available - in your case, there is only one, so that's fine.

But in batch mode, it's apparently paying attention to the upload account name that was saved with the project. If it doesn't exist, it's stuck, and doesn't know what to do next.

How to fix? Well, batch mode could do what normal mode does, and just grab the next available uploading account. If there's only one uploading account profile, that would be safe. But for those with multiple accounts (like me), that could be disastrously wrong, so that's not a good idea. In normal mode it's safer, because you get a confirmation dialog before the upload actually happens. If the choice of uploading account is wrong, you have a chance to fix it. But in batch mode, it would just march ahead, no matter what.

In your case, I think the quickest fix is to create a new uploading account with the default New account name. Copy all of the settings from the MM account. I think batch mode will work after that.

I'll leave the deeper fix to David. ;)
PeterGibb

Posted: 27-May-2020 15:55   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Ok, I know what you mean.

It was indeed named New account, and I renamed it, mainly because it was throwing
me a little bit, and I always prefer to have names that when seen tell me all I need to know.

The New Account was misbehaving too, but as you say it was only one account.

I shall create a second account named New Account and see what happens.

Thankyou

Regards, Peter
PeterGibb

Posted: 27-May-2020 16:07   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Success....

Hopefully..... !

JeffTucker

Posted: 27-May-2020 16:09   in response to: PeterGibb in response to: PeterGibb

On that note, I'm going to sign off for a bit. I have to go risk my life by making a trip to the grocery store. Remember me, and tell my tale to your grandchildren.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums