This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12-May-2020 18:29 Last Post By: davidekholm
AndreWolff

Implement geo-tagging of photos with a GPS track
Posted: 12-May-2020 09:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If you link the exposure date/time of a picture to the recording times in a GPS track recorded with a GPS device or with an App like Wikiloc, ViewRanger and others on a smart phone, you can extract the GPS locations of your pictures.
I do this now with the Lightroom program or my own program EditPhotoInfo (works only on a Windows PC), but I think this would be a useful feature for the jAlbum program.
davidekholm

Re: Implement geo-tagging of photos with a GPS track
Posted: 12-May-2020 11:34   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Good idea! Thanks for the hint. Can you pass me sample coordinate+date files?
Does your tool inject the correct location in the EXIF field of each JPEG image?
AndreWolff

Posted: 12-May-2020 11:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Good idea! Thanks for the hint. Can you pass me sample coordinate+date files?
Yes, see the attached gpx file, it is used in this album. You can see the track by clicking on one of the buttons below the theme image.
Does your tool inject the correct location in the EXIF field of each JPEG image?
Yes indeed.

If you wish I can give you some of my VB-Net code of my implementation.
davidekholm

Posted: 12-May-2020 18:29   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thanks André
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums