Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 6 May 20, 15:01 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
wolf-skate

Story: Tooltips, navigation, etc.
Posted: 4 May 20, 10:29
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Laza
for curiosity just skimming through your full feature demo..is sort of blog like thing, right? (I'm more used to regular 'forceful navigation/structure' albums and loose overview in this sort of thing, where I am - where to go)

but anyway down into folder..the icons on top = no tool tips when hovering over ? (apart from full screen). The up arrow square box = no clue it meant bring me to folder entry (and do not know what would be different to that of regular 'up one level' navigation?..the circle w arrow = I thought was start slide show/video..but is start music (or is it all 'dynamic' data)..if just audio maybe other icon would be more meaningful. The down load I guessed, but all pictures = no option to selected?
Laza

Re: Testing the new Story skin
Posted: 4 May 20, 14:04   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
Thanks for the feedback.

The tooltips were conflicting with the panels, I applied only to buttons where immediate action is taken.

The up arrow on the bottom is common practice to take back to the top, and not "up one level". I thought this is clear, but I can add a tooltip here.

Yes, the background music button might be more clear. I choose to display the play icon, because when you click it it converts to a pause button, and found this more symmetric. Do you think a note icon would be better?

The download button offers a panel with a button read "Download all" when clicked. In the lightbox it downloads the current image. Do you think this isn't what people expect?
wolf-skate

Posted: 4 May 20, 15:53   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Hi Laza
well I am not an usual user of such type/style presentation..just gave my immediate impressions

did not mean up arrow on the bottom - but in top panel there is a square box with an arrow pointing up (first I thought it was upload??). when click and being inside the folder -> it brings me to folder image?

ok the play/pause/stop change of apperance is nice w dynamic content - just never thought it was for audio - do not know if more dedicated icon exist (a loudspeaker symbol turning to pause ?? = sound.. wrt note, yes music likely understood , but sound could also be other stuff like sound of ocean waves on a seascape or engine roar on a racetrack etc)

download (did not try to actually do it )..is just confusing it says 'all' if it is just a single image = why not just call download period.? (if options occur/exist they can come later)
JeffTucker

Re: Story: Tooltips, navigation, etc.
Posted: 6 May 20, 00:45   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
(Split from original "intro" thread.)
Laza

Posted: 6 May 20, 09:13   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
I'm not aware there's an "up" arrow in the control bar. Do you mean the "up one level" button above the title? I believed that's clear. Why would anybody think that is an "Upload" button?

The download button never supposed to say "all" in the lightbox, only on the index page where it truly initiates downloading "all images".
wolf-skate

Posted: 6 May 20, 11:58   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
well it is not on 'purple' first/tops screen..yes there is up arrow w tool tip (so even I can understand it) and also a down/enter arrow below

so enter folder (top level = index page?)..there is a whole list of icons on the top..the one confusing is shown in screen shot, what does it do (brings me to first picture inside folder???)..or is it the start..and pressing it again 'toggles' away the little window w first picture

so if I am seeing this icon bar on top I am in the index page -> that's why download all, ok..had just thought it might have a select option some how (as going into each picture it is only single down load at the time )
Laza

Posted: 6 May 20, 12:24   in response to: wolf-skate in response to: wolf-skate
Ah, that's the "Share" button. Perhaps I'll change it to a more conventional icon.

The download selected is not possible because that would need server side zipping, and the appropriate permissions to create files on the server, which can be tricky.
wolf-skate

Posted: 6 May 20, 14:51   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
"Share" button: ok igorant me = I am deliberately social media abstainer .. so had no clue
JeffTucker

Posted: 6 May 20, 14:59   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Attachment share.png (3.4 KB)
Laza wrote:
Ah, that's the "Share" button. Perhaps I'll change it to a more conventional icon.

Just did a little quick searching, and your current icon is fairly commonly used for "share." But I agree that the meaning is fairly obscure. Something with "people" in it might be more immediately understandable, like the one attached (this one is free, but requires attribution, so you might want to cobble together your own).

Edited by: jGromit on 06-May-2020 09:00
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums