This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Apr-2020 14:17 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jagman653

Organizing existing Project into Folders
Posted: 29-Apr-2020 21:29

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I realize this question in one form or another has often been asked, but I haven't been able to find the answer to the simple question:

I created test a Project with 6 photos 3 of kids and 3 with pets, with a flat structure. Then I added 2 folders, Kids and Pets, and dragged the photos into their separate folders. After building the project and run it, Kids opens properly with it's 3 photos. However, the Pets fails with a file not found BECAUSE THERE IS NO INDEX.HTML FILE.

What's causing this? It looks like it's being treated as an "album of Albums" without bothering to create an index file.

I've been using jAlbum for years and have managed to do this. But after a few years of not using jAlbum, I'm now trying to create some new projects and ran into this problem.

This is a very simple question, so there must be a simple answer.

I'm using the latest update and Classic Aligned 2 skin.

Thanks!

Ed

Edited by: jagman653 on 29-Apr-2020 22:02
davidekholm

Re: Organizing existing Project into Folders
Posted: 29-Apr-2020 21:39   in response to: jagman653 in response to: jagman653
Helpful
Ensure you have "Process subfolders" checked under Settings->Advanced and that your have "Process only updated subfolders" deselected under the same panel, then make the album again.
JeffTucker

Posted: 29-Apr-2020 21:48   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Illustrated:

jagman653

Posted: 29-Apr-2020 22:42   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks, but that's exactly what I'm showing... must be default settings, right?
jagman653

Posted: 29-Apr-2020 22:46   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Found the problem. I switched to the Responsive skin and now get the expected behavior.
JeffTucker

Posted: 29-Apr-2020 22:52   in response to: jagman653 in response to: jagman653

That should work properly in almost any skin, including CA2.

However, I've just discovered a problem with CA2. It can't handle folder or image file names that have a space in them, and I can't find any CA2 setting to override that behavior. I suspect this is what you've run into.
jagman653

Posted: 30-Apr-2020 00:00   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I've confirmed you suspicion. I changed the project name from "Testing Photos" to "TestingPhotos" and it works with CA2! Perhaps one of us should let them know .
JeffTucker

Posted: 30-Apr-2020 00:03   in response to: jagman653 in response to: jagman653

I'll give H-P a "heads up" about this, and I'll do a post about it in the "Other skins" section. But he hasn't done a substantive update to the skin in almost three years, so....
JeffTucker

Posted: 30-Apr-2020 14:17   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums