This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Apr-2020 18:48 Last Post By: guyd Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
guyd

Mercury: Topinfo.txt & bottominfo.txt
Posted: 14-Apr-2020 21:37

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
Where (in which folder) should I place the Topinfo.txt and bottominfo.txt files in order for the text they contain to appear (instead of writing the text in Code) ?

I tried to put them in the project directory, but no succes, even when re-creating the album.
jGromit

Re: Mercury: Topinfo.txt & bottominfo.txt
Posted: 14-Apr-2020 22:16   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd
Helpful
Had to stare at my own code for a minute to remember how I was handling this. Here's the scheme:

You should enter your text under Mercury > Code > Index Page > Top & Bottom Info. It will then use that text at every level of the album, unless you check Top level only, and unless it encounters a topinfo.txt, in which case that will be used, instead.

The catch is that the alternative topinfo.txt works only in a folder, and it applies only to that folder (i.e., not the subfolders below that).
guyd

Posted: 15-Apr-2020 00:00   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Ok, got it !
It can do what I expected: I can have a different text in specific sub-folders, or even have no text in certain other sub-folders, when "Top level only" is marked.

BUT ! I discovered that toggling "Top level only" ON and OFF doesn't work (even without any topinfo.txt file) ... unless you recreate the album from scratch (i.e. deleting files)."Force to create" doesn't help.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Apr-2020 00:11   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd
Helpful
guyd wrote:
BUT ! I discovered that toggling "Top level only" ON and OFF doesn't work (even without any topinfo.txt file) ... unless you recreate the album from scratch (i.e. deleting files)."Force to create" doesn't help.

I just tested to make sure, and it does work. Make sure you have not told jAlbum to Process only updated subdirectories. Only adding or removing images, or changing comments, counts as an "update" - just changing settings won't do it.

ETA: And of course, refresh your browser cache!
guyd

Posted: 15-Apr-2020 00:18   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

Indeed, Process only updated subdirectories was marked. Working now, thanks !
jGromit

Posted: 15-Apr-2020 00:22   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

guyd wrote:
Indeed, Process only updated subdirectories was marked.

A very dangerous option when you're experimenting. And never leave it marked that way when there's a skin update.

I use that setting only for something like my family photos album, which is stable. I add a few images, and having jAlbum handle only the newest folder is fine. But if I change settings or update the skin, I let it process all folders again. No need to Force remake, which scales all the images again - that's rarely needed.
guyd

Posted: 15-Apr-2020 18:48   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you for this advice.
I created my test album based on a saved (stable) project where indeed I only add photos on a regular basis, without changing any parameter ... and I didn't check the advanced parameters.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums