This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Apr-2020 01:32 Last Post By: guyd Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
guyd

Mercury: Link to album home
Posted: 09-Apr-2020 23:07

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
I just produced an album (Mercury skin) where the first level is "folders only" page, most of these folders pointing to an image index on the second level, but others have a second and even third level of "folders only". (thus images can reside on level 2, 3 or 4.
I activated the "Link to album home" icon in order to be able to go back directly to the album home page, without having to go through one or two levels with the "One level up" icon.

This works fine, but at level2, I now have two icons (album home and one-level-up) that have the same function. (both pointing to the home page of the album)

What could I change to only have the "one level up" icon only present on sub levels 3 and 4 ?

Thanks ... and take care !
jGromit

Re: Mercury: Link to album home
Posted: 09-Apr-2020 23:31   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd
Helpful
I've done that in different ways in different skins, but finally decided that for a site visitor, consistency was more important than non-redundancy. Your visitor knows that there will always be an "up" icon that will take him up one level, and that there will always be a "home" icon that will take him to the top. The fact that they're the same when you're just one level down in the tree doesn't bother the visitor - it bothers only the OCD album creator. ;)

In any event, the way you'd prefer to have it is a simple fix. First, remember that in the jAlbum variables, the top of the album is level 0, so what you want is an "up" arrow only on levels 2, 3, etc., but not on level 1.

Open the skin files for editing, and find your way to includes/indexNav.inc. Lines 24-26:
if(level > 0) {
	indnavString += "\n<a href='" + parentIndexPage ...(a bunch of other stuff);
}
Change that 0 to a 1. Remember that if you install a skin update, you'll have to tweak it again.
guyd

Re: Mercury: Link to album home
Posted: 10-Apr-2020 01:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks jGromit ! I just tested it and it works fine.

You are right ... it probably only bothers me, but it looks much better like that ... to me.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums