This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Apr-2020 13:32 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Astrogarden

Fancybox: Apostrophe in Title causes wrong title to display on image
Posted: 05-Apr-2020 22:17

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Example.png (983.3 KB)
I have noted that if you display the title on the image and the title has an apostrophe in it, it displays a backslash instead of the title.

Example:

Thor's Helmet yields Thor\ (see attached) where as Thor Helmet yields Thor Helmet as it should.

This is with the Fancybox Skin so dunno if it is the skin or Jalbum.

Edited by: Astrogarden on 05-Apr-2020 22:18

Edited by: jGromit on 05-Apr-2020 16:24, to ID the skin in the thread title.
jGromit

Re: Fancybox: Apostrophe in Title causes wrong title to display on image
Posted: 05-Apr-2020 22:24   in response to: Astrogarden in response to: Astrogarden

Attachment ss006793.png (1.4 MB)
Has to be a skin problem. If in doubt, try it with some other skin (not one from the same developer, since developers tend to use the same code chunks in all of their skins - I certainly do!). Attached, a screenshot from Neptune, for example.

Remember that the jAlbum core program doesn't produce a single line of HTML, CSS, or Javascript, so things like this are almost always coming from the skin templates.
jGromit

Posted: 05-Apr-2020 22:41   in response to: Astrogarden in response to: Astrogarden

(Thread moved - this is a skin problem, not a jAlbum bug.)
AndreWolff

Posted: 05-Apr-2020 23:17   in response to: Astrogarden in response to: Astrogarden

Attachment Knipsel.JPG (36.8 KB)
Attachment Knipse-2l.JPG (75.0 KB)
Astrogarden wrote:
I have noted that if you display the title on the image and the title has an apostrophe in it, it displays a backslash instead of the title.
Well in my test I see no problem, see attached screenshot.

So I need your project file to see what the difference is between your test and my test.

But a simple solution is to use the html code for an apostrophe: &#39 (add ; after the 9).

Edited by: AndreWolff on 05-Apr-2020 23:23

Edited by: AndreWolff on 05-Apr-2020 23:23
jGromit

Posted: 05-Apr-2020 23:32   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

(Demo album removed)

Edited by: jGromit on 06-Apr-2020 08:51
AndreWolff

Posted: 06-Apr-2020 09:46   in response to: Astrogarden in response to: Astrogarden

The problem has been solved in the new version 1.5.8.

Thanks for reporting this bug!
jGromit

Posted: 06-Apr-2020 16:06   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
But a simple solution is to use the html code for an apostrophe: &#39 (add ; after the 9).

Works just as well, and is easier to remember:
'
jGromit

Posted: 16-Apr-2020 23:21   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment ss006895.png (9.4 KB)
One bizarre side-note on this, something I noticed while looking at the Thor's Helmet image. This is perhaps the oddest browser/font error I've seen in a long time....

Using the Quicksand Google font, the capital T gets mangled - see screenshot.

I got curious, and did some experimenting. It's only the T - any other letter is fine. It's only a problem if it's bold - normal font weight is fine. And it's only in Firefox - Chrome and Edge are fine.

The only fixes are not to bold anything (not a good choice), or never to use the letter T in anything (tricky to pull off!), or to default to a different Google font. I've never seen this in any of the others.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Apr-2020 09:20   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
One bizarre side-note on this, something I noticed while looking at the Thor's Helmet image. This is perhaps the oddest browser/font error I've seen in a long time....

Using the Quicksand Google font, the capital T gets mangled - see screenshot.

I got curious, and did some experimenting. It's only the T - any other letter is fine. It's only a problem if it's bold - normal font weight is fine. And it's only in Firefox - Chrome and Edge are fine.

The only fixes are not to bold anything (not a good choice), or never to use the letter T in anything (tricky to pull off!), or to default to a different Google font. I've never seen this in any of the others.

Yes this is indeed bizarre, but it has nothing to do with the FancyBox skin, you see it in other skins as well, see screenshot.
jGromit

Posted: 17-Apr-2020 09:32   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

I know it's not unique to the skin. But you might want to choose a different default font for the skin.

ETA: Maybe Montserrat or Muli.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Apr-2020 09:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I know it's not unique to the skin. But you might want to choose a different derault font for the skin.
Yes, that is a good point, thanks!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums