This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Mar-2020 15:20 Last Post By: couleur911 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
couleur911

Select image in album and send by e-mail
Posted: 31-Mar-2020 14:51

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I would like to know if it is possible to allows visitor to select prefered/desired images and share them through e-mail?
I want to make some kind of color/texture gallery to let customers chose hte color/textires they would like for a given product.

something like a shopping cart but no Paypal account.

Thanks!

Edited by: couleur911 on 31-Mar-2020 09:00
jGromit

Re: Select image in album and send by e-mail
Posted: 31-Mar-2020 15:05   in response to: couleur911 in response to: couleur911

Yes, you can do that.

First go to Tiger > Site > Social > Share on and check only the Email box. Then head for Tiger > Lightbox > Info panel > Buttons, and check the Button labels visible and Share boxes.

ETA: I'm not sure about rigging it so that a visitor could make multiple selections, and then send them all at once. That's more like a shopping cart.
couleur911

Posted: 31-Mar-2020 15:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for the input. But what I am looking for is to select multiple images and Then, share through e-mail. Not one by one.
So a way to select (click "like button") and finally send selectes to e-mail.

Any way to do it?

THANKS!
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2020 15:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

And yes, there's a way for a visitor to select multiple images and send a single email about all of them.

Instead of the above, go to Tiger > Sections > Feedback. You must enter a target email address. A visitor can then either select from the thumbnails on the page, or he can view the slide images and click the Add comment button. Hard to describe, but play with it, and you'll see how it works.
couleur911

Posted: 31-Mar-2020 15:13   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks jGromit,

But what I am looking for is a way to send to THEIR own e-mail to store what they liked.

Best,
jGromit

Posted: 31-Mar-2020 15:17   in response to: couleur911 in response to: couleur911

You could enter a dummy email address┬╣, and then the visitor could change the address when they get ready to send the message.

I don't think there's any automatic way to do this. The album can't possibly know what the visitor's email address is.

┬╣ Something obvious, like yourself@example.com.
couleur911

Posted: 31-Mar-2020 15:18   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, Thanks for your quick and great help!

Best,

Louis
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums