This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12-Feb-2020 19:38 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
bleraillez

Folders with wrong "home" link
Posted: 12-Feb-2020 13:13

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

1. I've modified my site, did a complete rebuild.
2. It seems I can't upload with jAlbum, it always hangs and quits not far from the end.
3. I upload it with Cyberduck and everything goes.

When I go on the site I have two folders that link to an other page.
Site structure :
www.mysite.com/index.html redirecting to an album
www.mysite.com/family/index.html the home page for the family album.

So in the family album I have two folders that open the www.mysite.com/index.html page instead of the www.mysite.com/family/year/index.html
Any link in the site for those two folders show the correct page in the link appearing in the pages but the folder is never opened, and any image pointing to that folder open the other folder page.

Any idea?
jGromit

Re: Folders with wrong "home" link
Posted: 12-Feb-2020 13:20   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

This is not an uploading issue. This is a problem with links in the album. Please tell us which skin you're using (I will move this thread).

And without a link to the actual album, and without access to the lifeboat file, there's virtually no way for anyone to figure out what's happening.
bleraillez

Posted: 12-Feb-2020 17:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
This is not an uploading issue. This is a problem with links in the album. Please tell us which skin you're using (I will move this thread).

And without a link to the actual album, and without access to the lifeboat file, there's virtually no way for anyone to figure out what's happening.

Sorry,
(link removed)

jAlbum 19.3
Tiger 2.11.0

Edited by: jGromit on 12-Feb-2020 13:37
jGromit

Posted: 12-Feb-2020 17:52   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

Which folder link do you believe is incorrect? I've tried every folder, and they all work exactly as expected. None of the links goes back to the root of your domain.
bleraillez

Posted: 12-Feb-2020 17:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Which folder link do you believe is incorrect? I've tried every folder, and they all work exactly as expected. None of the links goes back to the root of your domain.

1910 and 1930

And if you are in the last 7 days, select a 1910 image and click on the folder icon next to the image you go to (link removed)
Instead to (link removed)

Edited by: bleraillez on 12-Feb-2020 17:59

Edited by: jGromit on 12-Feb-2020 13:37
jGromit

Posted: 12-Feb-2020 18:09   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

When I click the 1910 folder, I go here: (link removed)

When I click the 1930 folder, I go here: (link removed)

In 1910, if I choose "last 7 days," it takes me here:(link removed) I see 4 images. There is no "folder icon" next to any of them. See the (cropped) screenshot (removed)

I think you may just need to do some thorough browser cache-clearing.

Edited by: jGromit on 12-Feb-2020 13:38
bleraillez

Posted: 12-Feb-2020 18:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
I think you may just need to do some thorough browser cache-clearing.

Effectively, I deleted my leraillez.com cache and everything is OK. I don't understand. I should have tried with another browser before asking the question.

T.A.L.
jGromit

Posted: 12-Feb-2020 18:43   in response to: bleraillez in response to: bleraillez

(Thread moved to General Discussion. Moral of the story: always clear your cache. ;) )
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums